• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

1987 K75S handlebars

Does anyone know the inner diameter of the stock K75S handlebars? There is a slight vibration in the left side of my handlebar that causes my hand to go numb after an hour or so. They are the stock S handlebars with Moto Techniques 1 x 1-1/4 risers. Since Throttlemeister doesn't make a model for the K75, I'm thinking of adding some lead bar stock to the inside of the handlebars.

Dunno the ID, but look for another item called a BarSnake - dense rubber-coated lead-filled thing that you pull thru the bars, end to end. Helped a bunch on my old K100. Handy Household Hint: spay a bunch of teflon lube on it before pulling it thru, it'll go a lot easier.

Another trick I've used successfully is to mix up a batch of lead shot (smaller is better) with silicone, and shove that into the bars.

Good point, Lee.

L&W - check that all the switchgear is secure, the mirror is secure, the handlebar mounts are secure, etc...

Are you sure it's the bike? Does the mirror vibrate? Silly question, but - if you have the beginnings of nerve damage in one hand, you'll be a lot more sensitive to vibration over the long term. I've busted my right hand a couple of times, and as I've gotten older, it's gotten a lot more sensitive. May be time for cushier grips and gel gloves... PLUS the added internal weighting (which really does help a lot).

...Since Throttlemeister doesn't make a model for the K75...

I have Throttlemeister bar ends on my 92 K75S. There was some uncertainty regarding the bar ID when I ordered the Throttlemeister. It was necessary for me to purchase two sizes of inserts to make certain that I had one that would fit. (The Throttlemeister was ordered before I took ownership of the bike).

As you have the bar ID from 98lee for your bike you should be able to call Throttlemeister and obtain the correct part. It may be necessary to speak to someone other than the person that answers the phone and takes the orders. [I think it is part number FT & AL, but call and speak to the correct person (owner?) to be certain.]
http://throttlemeister.com/

Thanks Lee I'll use that with Rob's information & see what Throttlemeister can do.
Good point Paul, yeah, I have broken my left hand so perhaps that is contributing to the problem. The mirror images are clear with no blurring. When I take my left hand off the bar though there is a visible vibration of the bar end, hands on or off though the mirror images remain clear. I will check the torque of the bar mounts to see if that is contributing to the problem too.

Back