• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Mounting an IPOD

C

CAPT_CURMUDGEON

Has anyone mounted an IPOD on a handlebar? What about the vibration? Is one IPOD better suited to a motorcycle than others?

Thanks!

Capt Curmudgeon said:
Has anyone mounted an IPOD on a handlebar? What about the vibration? Is one IPOD better suited to a motorcycle than others?

Thanks!

I thought about doing the same, but was afraid the vibration might cause some harm. I have found that the IPOD is small enough that when I use my tank bag, I place it in the small pocket right in front of me. When I am not using the tankbag, I place the IPOD in a pocket on my suit. The beauty of this, is you can continue to listen to it while at a stop if you choose to.

I stick mine in the big pocket on the right hand side of my 'stich. I've got the little Apple remote control, which clips to the flap on the pocket. I can reach down and pause, ff or adjust the volume pretty easily. I wear Helds, which are pretty sensitive and I can feel the buttons pretty easily.

When weather is crummy, I put it in my tankbag and hand the remote on the back side of the bag. It's fairly well out off the weather. I'd suspect that if I put the remote in the tank bag, I could operate it through the plastic and still protect it.

I got one of those silicon protective sleeves for my iPod, which has helped keep it from getting all scratched up.

I would be worried about vibrating a hard drive.

I placed my iPod in a tankbag connected to an Autocom hardwired under the seat. I've got the little remote also which is clipped to the side of the bag. When the rain comes I can stuff the remote back into the bag until I have a chance to put the rain cover on. As KBasa suspects it's easy to feel and use the remote through the rain cover.

Michael

M. Cohen said:
I placed my iPod in a tankbag connected to an Autocom hardwired under the seat.
Michael

I have done the same thing and have been happy with it. I have not gotten the remote yet. My big reason for not putting it on the handlebars, no place to put it!
:doh

Back