• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Something Good Happened Today.....

MAGWA

.......2004 with 8128 miles on the clock.

I usually don't get excited about cages. Butt 287 HP and 274ftlb of the T- word......Retirement will have to wait for a little while.

Attachments

• DSC01157.JPG
    DSC01157.JPG
    121.5 KB · Views: 237
Thanks BB

I just couldn't help myself. One more. I promise that's all....

Attachments

• DSC01158.JPG
    DSC01158.JPG
    147.3 KB · Views: 232
Magwa, you will never retire. You are a vehicle slut, and will never stop getting new toys.

By the way, one yummy ride!

Wanna race?

:evil

2004-WRX-STi-front.jpg

new toy

MAGWA,
Congrats on your new toy and lots of luck to you.

Also thanks for posting it. It makes me feel better knowing that I am not the only one who is out of control. God bless my wonderful wife for putting up with me.

cool ride. nice color scheme there in the garage. hmmmm-mmmm, some of us can dream.......

Alright here is my two cents on buying toys.
I make some great cabbage being a fire/medic. I suffered a heart attack at 38 years old due to a blood disease. I'm still going strong and spending my cash and having fun. Why do I do this ?

1) Because I can.
2) There will not be social security when I retire.
3) My current restoration (78rs) is cool. I've always wanted one.
4) Life is way too short. I have a lot more rides I want to do.
5) I haven't grown up yet. My toys are now larger and more expensive.
6) I have seen too much death in my job. I do not want to end up like some of my patients.
7) No kid's but, my wife is a hottie. I like to spend money on her. She deserves to be spoiled and pampered. Plus being married to me is a tough job for her.

When the time comes for me to go for the final journey. I am hoping that I am on the toilet when the big one hits. Then I will fall off the toilet and get stuck in between the wall and the toilet. I want to be an absolute mess for the paramedic crew when they get on scene to work on me.
I have decided to be buried at the local elementary school with my butt sticking up out of the ground. That way the kids will have a place to park their bicycle's without falling over.

Life is way to short to be frugle with cash. If you have it, spend it. Don't save it to only be inherited.
Get out and buy that new bike. The last one with the most toy's is the last one with the most toy's. As long as the one with the most toy's had fun in their life. That is what counts the most.

Take Care
Pat Carol :thumb

Nope.

Visian said:

No race. My new ride wouldn't be up to the task. Nor would I.
I spent all my testosterone on the purchase.

And, anyway, I'm nursing two speeding tickets as it stands. Both in door slammers.

Those cages "smoke". In a good way.

Pat Carol said:
Life is way to short to be frugle with cash. If you have it, spend it. Don't save it to only be inherited.
Get out and buy that new bike. The last one with the most toy's is the last one with the most toy's. As long as the one with the most toy's had fun in their life. That is what counts the most.

You are dead on! I had a life changing event at 21 when my 19 year old brother was killed in a car accident. And I too have seen way too many people be frugal all their life, only to die in the mid 50's or early 60's. Sure, save a little for tomorrow, but have some fun TODAY too!!

My Plan

I'm spending my kids inheritance on Me and the Wife!!! My plan is to leave my two sons with the wisdom and work ethic to make their own $$$. If there is any money left when the wife and me are gone, they can have it and they can do what ever they want to with the toys. :twirl

PS. If you don't have a Will...get one!!

screamin eagle said:
MAGWA,
Congrats on your new toy and lots of luck to you.

Also thanks for posting it. It makes me feel better knowing that I am not the only one who is out of control. God bless my wonderful wife for putting up with me.

Out of control? Tina and I are enablers for each other. 7 vehicles for two people is probably working on out of control.

:lol

16226293-M.jpg

Just read in the Sunday paper in the auto section, that the new '05 Dodge Neon SVT-4, is the second fastest car in the entire Dodge line-up. :jawdrop

0-60 in something like 5.8 seconds........ :brow

The fastest being the Dodge Viper of course.

KBasa said:
Out of control? Tina and I are enablers for each other. 7 vehicles for two people is probably working on out of control.:lol

And one more on the way! :brow

Hey, have you guys ever thought about adopting a 23 year-old daughter? :dunno

magwa said:
Visian said:

No race. My new ride wouldn't be up to the task. Nor would I.
I spent all my testosterone on the purchase.

And, anyway, I'm nursing two speeding tickets as it stands. Both in door slammers.

Those cages "smoke". In a good way.

Haha! I hear you about the speeding tix. What are "door slammers?"

Honestly, that's why I chose the Subie instead of the Z. Much less of a cop magnet. I didn't get the STi because they weren't available at the time and I didn't like the boy racer wing anyway. Too visible. Mine is the ultimate stealth rocket... and absolutely fantastic when the road is rough, or snowy, or gravel. Now, if I could only get the teenagers to stop wanting to drag race at every stoplight.

Unfortunately, I can't smoke the tires. That's the other reason I chose this car over the Z: AWD. I have to drive in places where there's snow and mountains all at the same time.

But the Z is a much better babe magnet, and we all know what Magwa really does in his spare time, eh?

Sweet ride. :)

Ian

Still On Cages

But the Z is a much better babe magnet, and we all know what Magwa really does in his spare time, eh?

Door Slammer = Cage; Automobile, four wheel, enclosed.
How'd you know I was a pimp?

As for KBasa adopting a 23 year old daughter? That's another story altogether.

Chacifer said:
And one more on the way! :brow

Hey, have you guys ever thought about adopting a 23 year-old daughter? :dunno

Yeah, but that black one on the right is leaving to make room for it.

Adopting? Well, heck. Not sure about that one. You can visit any time you like. :wave

Back