• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

05 R1200GS Headlight fault code

I've replaced the bulb and disconnected the neg. side of the battery for a few minutes but the fault code won't go away. Any suggestions?

oh yes I've started the bike many times and done many miles after disconnecting the battery neg side. The lowbeam (replaced) and high beam both work fine but the little light icon on the display continues to show a fault.

Something isn't right here. I've sucked in 2 low beam bulbs, replaced them and the warning light went out when I started the bike and it went through its checks.

I'm on an 07 RT but I doubt that makes a difference in this case. I realize this is a question I think we all know the answer ot but have you started the bike and gone to the front to verify the bulb is actually lighting?

Yes - I read what you wrote above - but have you physically looked at the lit bulb?

+1 check your parking light.Also i had a turn signal bulb loose once that caused the same icon light.Could be that.Ed

The parking light isn't working .... I had no idea there was a parking light much less how to activate it.
marchyman you're help is appreciated and I'm kicking myself for not noticing the referance in the Rider's Manual.
thanks

Back