• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Mid-South ride, eat, and meet

Thinking back to my early riding history, it’s probably similar to yours. Get a bike and ride with your buddies for fun. That’s how I started. Riding locally, then my range of rides started slowly growing longer. Riding to work, then rides after work. Weekend rides, then trips of a week, then 2 weeks, then longer trips, generally what my pocketbook could stand. My vacations centered around my 2 week work vacations. Motorcycle life became all consuming. Joined the MOA, started receiving the Owners News. Oh, the motorcycle riding addiction is much more common than I previously knew. Found the When and Where. I gotta go to these places and meet some of these people. Wow, more rides.:brow

Mexico Bound First stop Alpine, Texas

D628AD3E-EE5B-497C-A8A7-D540BEE0FAF8.jpeg
My Buddy Jeff Hutson from Cape Girardeau stopped by the house, headed to Alpine, Tx.. with his friend Greg . There they will unload the bikes then ride on to Mexico. My brother with the green shirt, Jeff with the sun glasses, Greg with the blue shoes.

Got friends riding down in Mexico and another group of friends down at Daytona Bike Week. My motorcycle aspirations are much more closer to home. Was thinking about all of the Ozark’s and all of the Ouachita’s . I may lower my expectations to the eastern Ozarks. Maybe a trip up to my home town of Batesville, Ar. Including Mountain View and Mountain Home, Marshall; meander around White River, and lower Buffalo River. Maybe start the Ozark tour attending the Naturally Beemer mini rally on the Arkansas River near Morrilton.

Time to Ride

It’s great thinking about longer travel destinations and rides, but today I’m riding a little closer. A ride across the river into Memphis, then north to Millington. Yep U know my usual ride to ShakeRag, Tn.; 70 degrees and clear. Time to ride. :)

Back From Mexico

The guys got back from the Mexico trip, all good. Jeff is a veteran of many trips south of the border, so this one is just the latest. I’ve always wanted to go, guess I’ll have to be satisfied was with the lower 48. Poor pitiful me. :(

Ride to Eat/See the Eagles

Good enjoyable ride; I’ve done it several times. Good food at the restaurant. I see the boat tour is full. A nice alternative is to ride back west, take Tn 22 to the Civil War historical marker., the Battle of Island 10. Take Tn 22 north to Kentucky Bend. It’s kind of an Island/Peninsula of Kentucky cut off from Kentucky. Surrounded by the Mississippi River and the states is Missouri and Tennessee, Kinda neat. The 2020 population of this area of Kentucky is officially 9. Probably quite a few more in hunting and fishing camps; and the usual folks hiding out and on the lamb. Riding south on 22 there are Civil markers at an old church and more at the Tiptonville Courthouse. Be on the look out for historical markers.

Map Northwest Tn./Southwest Regional Kentucky

E81AE5C0-B1C4-4080-BD53-747424DDFFE1.jpeg
Ride to see the Bald Eagles. Golden Eagles have an open invitation to attend. Kind of a long flight from the Rockies.:brow

Back