• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Mid-South ride, eat, and meet

Walked down to visit Willie Bell to Big Guns BBQ to visit Willie Bell the Pit Master and Chef Emeritus. He was hard at work.
DC692547-9CC3-41D8-B8D6-21F9C3C91D84.jpeg
6E2AA265-08C8-4098-929D-9DC04DD4D339.jpeg
Working the wood is hard work.

AEA42887-6CF1-4D62-9A24-B5ADE9095F6C.jpeg
Willie cut the rack to make short ribs.
0DC8FBB7-661C-44FB-A97F-82D2DD18AA77.jpeg
Willie adds the dry rub of secret herbs and spices. Rolls the ribs in a wrap and puts ‘em back on the pits to steam the flavor in and tenderize the meat.

5B4F7AF6-BA30-4D97-8521-D7F5F6DF5FEE.jpeg
Turkey legs coming off the pit, to be seasoned, put in the wrap, back in the pit to tenderize and take on the flavor. :yum

If Ur watching Willie work the pit, it really draws U in to see it done. He cooks a large amount of meat. Time and heat. It’s kinda hard to get it just right. Moving the wood, moving the meat; watching the smoke, basting, the rub, turning the meat. Willie’s kinda like a steam train engineer. It’s hard work. I know the procedure, but I don’t have the energy level to do all the little timed procedures in the proper sequence. At the end of the day he’s exhausted. I might get thru one day of but I’d be too exhausted to do it again the next day.

I’ve been enjoying riding my ‘75 R90/6. Decided I needed to add some bags to carry stuff. I knew I had an old set of Olympic bags up in the attic in the garage. I had bought them years ago at Dixie Cycle in Cincinnati, Ohio. They had been returned. One of bag had a small crack. I checked them out, other than the small crack, the bags looked good. They came with some modular bag mounts. I’ve had quite a few airheads over the years, I just never used them. Decided it was time to use them. A little JB weld to fix the crack and they’ll be good to go.

Along this line of though I have another R90/6, kinda in the pipeline. It’s gonna be twin disc, 1000cc, big valve, dual plugged,40mm Bings, 70HP etc.,etc.. Gets me excited thinking about it. :nod looking forward to that comparison. Probably, will have 2 winners in this joust.

Motorcycle Accumulation Syndrome

Ok, maybe time for my personal time line of my accumulation of bikes; a little history and some personal thoughts about it. Along with some pics. I generally get a very personal attachment to motorcycles. Yea, it’s a sickness. I’m not the only one who has this affliction. :hungover

Motorcycle Accumulation Syndrome

Ok, maybe time for my personal time line of my accumulation of bikes; a little history and some personal thoughts about it. Along with some pics. I generally get a very personal attachment to motorcycles. Yea, it’s a sickness. I’m not the only one who has this affliction. :hungover

This syndrome is very much like alcohol and tobacco addition. U gotta perfectly good motorcycle; Ur buddy has a cool bike, that U secretly wished U owned. One day he quietly states, he’s found a new bike to ride, it’s newer, faster, more gizmo’s and farkles. So, Ur going to sell THE BIKE. Yep, gotta let her go to get the new rig. The Wife laid the law down; only one bike atta time. Boy, can U believe that; how mean. By the way what are U asking for the the old ride. U see where this is going. So, by happenstance having nothing to do with U, Ur now the owner of 2 bikes. Wow, that’s cool. I got 2 bikes in the garage. My bike and the bike I always wanted. I gotta choice on what to ride. I’m now a Playa. Fix one up for touring; one for Styling and Profiling. :thumb;):laugh

‘94 r1100rs

View attachment 79478

The first Oilhead was the ‘94 R1100RS. Here with big lid system cases, RT trunk, hand guards, headlight cover, bigger rear fender on the front fender. This guy knew his bidness. Wouldn’t surprise me if he had a Staintune exhaust system and a mapped out fuel/air system. :dunno

My Oilhead, nicely outfitted. It’s back in the garage somewhere covered up.

K100RT to K100

View attachment 80795

The box of pics I’ve been mining had some pics of me. Thought about it for a while, showing some old pics of me. Well here goes. On the bike, pleasant, stern. Ok, the old K-bike looks good, anyway.

My K100RT now in the process to be a plain K100. Tired of sore knees banging the back of the fairing.

Back