• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

RT Tail lamp

Does anybody know??

If the tailight assembly from an RT, will fit on a Roadster?

Even if it requires a tail section change ?

I think the RT/RS version looks nicer,..& has more visibility.

Thanks, Ron

Just looking at an 1100R and an 1100RT in my garage right now,making an assumption on models, I would say more trouble than it's worth for the result you are seeking. Not only the tail section/fender, but the saddles do not look like they would cross over at all.

A good set of red LED running light/brake light add-ons such as Hyper-Lites, RunningLites, PE3's or such will really light up your tail section for an easier and surely less expensive route. Just sayin':whistle
On our 1100's, we also installed a Kisan relay that turns the signals into running lights... it's plug & play and have crossed many state borders with no issues of amber lights on all the time on the rear.( threw that in there cause it ALWAYS comes up:laugh) the added benefit of the Kisan is it cancels your blinkers after about 8 seconds or so.

Back