• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

signal cancelling switch

bandman

I have PIAA lights and they are turned on with an autoswitch which is connected to the grey cancellation switch on the right side handlebar. Problem is that the PIAA lights will turn on and off but the grey cancellation will not cancel the turn signals. What am I to do. Help!!!!!!!!!!

First I'd suggest telling us what model/year K bike you have. They aren't all the same.

And I'd look at where the AutoSwitch was spliced into the wiring for the cancel button. If it was done using a ScotchLok(tm) connector - you've probably been bitten by the ScotchLok's propensity for destroying wiring, and it has likely severed the wire going from the switch to the rest of the harness. Remove ScotchLok - and do a proper splice with either crimp connectors (if you have a GOOD tool - not the $3.99 one) or solder/shrink-wrap (if you know how - otherwise find someone who does.)

switch

After taking Don's advice, I checked the scotch connector and sure enough, it had cut one of the wires. It was the small one so the signalling was not cancelling out.
I soldered the wires together and put a wrap over it. Easy fix and no money involved. thanks again, Don.

Back