• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Posting notification caveat

merrittgene

2006 K1200GT, 1986 K100
With the Forum software upgrade we gained the feature of having the text of new posts emailed to us, instead of just the "a new posting exists" message. While I think I like the feature, I've noticed that it has changed how I use the Forum.

In the past, I usually went to the Forum every time I received a notifcation, and I would usually hang out, read a few posts, and maybe even submit a post. (i.e. Lay's potato chips..."Betcha can't eat just one.")

Now, I find myself reading the post email, and usually deciding to visit the Forum at a later time.

Maybe it's just me, but does it seem like there are fewer posts recently?. Maybe there's a posts/day graph that would correlate this?

I looked at the Statistics in the Admin panel and we're seeing anywhere between a low of 120 posts to 220 new posts a day.

I don't have statistics on the old forum software anymore, but the last time I looked there (around September) we were usually about 100 to 150 posts a day.

merrittgene said:
With the Forum software upgrade we gained the feature of having the text of new posts emailed to us, instead of just the "a new posting exists" message. While I think I like the feature, I've noticed that it has changed how I use the Forum.

In the past, I usually went to the Forum every time I received a notifcation, and I would usually hang out, read a few posts, and maybe even submit a post. (i.e. Lay's potato chips..."Betcha can't eat just one.")

Now, I find myself reading the post email, and usually deciding to visit the Forum at a later time.

Maybe it's just me, but does it seem like there are fewer posts recently?. Maybe there's a posts/day graph that would correlate this?

I haven't looked at the stats, but it seems all the Internet forums and email lists I'm on have been slower the last week plus. I think it's the weather changing in some locals (last minute outdoor stuff) plus the holidays - prep for and shopping after Thanksgiving.

I can anectdotally tell you that the net was dead on Thursday and Friday. I am looking at the list servers I am on and the forums I am on. I went from averaging 100 e-mails a day to barely 20 per day for those two days.

Back