• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New Member from Bay Area - East Bay

iehawk

Hi all. Posting here from the East of Bay Area.

I'm Al. I own a 2006 K1200R that I pretty much ride everywhere, fun and work, rain or shine.

I work for CALmoto in Mountain View, CA. :)

Attachments

• BMW K1200R 11.jpg
    BMW K1200R 11.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 121
Yay! :clap

We should put together some kind of Bay Area ride, huh? We seem to be approaching critical mass as of late.

Greetings from Lucas Valley!

Hey Al;

I plan on dropping into your dealership this weekend... I'll try and look you up... Welcome to the asylum...

Great introductory post and fine picture to boot.

Welcome to the madness. It seems like the Bay area and TX are two of the fastest growing areas for forum membership.

See ya in Redmond? :wave

Hi Al! Glad you're here. I always liked the looks of the K1200R. It has a real streetfighter presence.
JD

I'll be at the Bovine in Pt. Reyes at about 8:30 or 9, if anyone's out for a ride here in Marin.

I'll be at the Bovine in Pt. Reyes at about 8:30 or 9, if anyone's out for a ride here in Marin.
Then we drove right by you... Stopped in and talked with Cary at BMW of Marin for a bit and continued on down the highway to the next five dealerships. Stopped into Walnut Creek and said "Hey" to Al... He was a tad bit buzy selling something... I think it wuz a GS / RT / FS / QR / DT or some such mechanism. :D

Hey Al... :bolt

LOL... just got back on here again. So many links to click, I got lost a bit. Got busy too, also monitoring several other forums. :D

Thanks for stopping by last Saturday, Uncle Mark. Great meeting you. And thanks for the warm welcome all.

Unfortunately, I may have to part with the K1200R. I love the street fighter styling, it's just so unique, unlike any other bikes out there even for a BMW. I've even got asked on a redlight once... "is that really a BMW?"

But my next bike is almost here... I can't make up my mind if I can wait or I can't. You can guess which one it is. :evil

Unfortunately, I may have to part with the K1200R. I love the street fighter styling, it's just so unique, unlike any other bikes out there even for a BMW. I've even got asked on a redlight once... "is that really a BMW?"

I wish I lived in your area. It's been awhile since I have owned a K bike. I might be tempted to make you an offer!
JD

P.S. I just checked the Flea Market. See you have the bike for sale. Very nice!

Last edited:
LOL... just got back on here again. So many links to click, I got lost a bit. Got busy too, also monitoring several other forums. :D

Thanks for stopping by last Saturday, Uncle Mark. Great meeting you. And thanks for the warm welcome all.

But my next bike is almost here... I can't make up my mind if I can wait or I can't. You can guess which one it is. :evil

S1KRR? :thumb

Fellow Northern Cal Rider!

I too am a newbee to the MOA (joined last month). I'm in Northern California and I'm enjoying some winter riding (thanks to those heated grips and seats...).

Looking forward the the Rally in Redmond, but I will take a short trip first to Yosemite with the "ExpressoRiders" in May (if this rain would ever stop...).

Steve

:usa

Yup! I'm hoping to make it to Redmond as well. :)

The Vmax also won't carve the turns as well as the K1200R. lol

Back