• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

K1300gt

Has anyone put some miles on one? Any thoughts appreciated. I rode a K75 for a few years and really liked he bike but got a deal on a R1200RT and I've put 18,000 miles on it and I agree with every one that it's a great bike. But I think I might like the K1300 better. I know I'm fickle but at least I've remained married for 25 years.

There is a guy in our local club with an 07 and 125K miles on it, and Tina, the president of the local club www.bmwbmw.org, has a new K1300GT.

Come see for yourself since you are local.

Jim :brow

Jim
I went to the website for that BMW club, the site writeup on Tina says she bought a R1200ST in May, is she off that and on a GT that soon??
Anyways, on this topic, I had a 75S for 20 yrs I had bought new, and got a 1200GT (07) last August. Way way different bike. They both suit me fine, sometimes I wish I hadn't sold the S though.
(K75) seemed a bit better balanced, which if you know the differences in design, is pretty easy to predict, that the K75 would be better balanced. Similar smoothness though, no vibration to speak of, unlike the old Brick 4 cylinders I had ridden.
The 1200 isn't as linear in power delivery, it's pretty hyper, you have to really pay attention to how much throttle you give it. Others will swear it is a problem with the bike, like a defect, it's not a defect. Well, on mine I don't feel it is a defect anyways. It's just a hyper bike if you don't watch it.
They are very stable at speed, but at low speeds seem top heavy. I have tipped it once, a couple months into ownership, just when confidence is increasing but still not totally familiar with it's quirks.
I like the ergonomics just fine. Glad I got a 1200 so I still have the seperate signal buttons, like I am used to on the K75, and the smooth reservoirs. Of course I wouldn't turn down the extra 100cc. More is better, that whole thing:thumb. But in general very happy with the K1200GT.
Gilly

Last edited:
Back