• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Jesse Bags Attach to Everything

After I put Jesse bags on my wifes R1150R, I REALLY wanted a set too. I found a set of Odyssey I bags on eBay. The were taken off a R1150GS. With a little help from a friendly blacksmith:thumb they are now mounted on my K75.:groovy I will mount the tourpac over the winter.

Attachments

• MJessej.jpg
    MJessej.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 147
It could just be the angle of the picture but it looks like any aggressive cornering would have those bags dragging the ground. :scratch I hope they don't. Do they hang lower than the BMW bags did?

Looks good otherwise.

Lets see more.

That's not a stock pipe is it.
Do the bags come off as easily as the stock ones?
Show us the hardware the bags are hanging on.

I have Jesses on my GSPD and Annie has them on her 650. I'd like them on my RT as well; they are much more convenient than the side loaders. Nice work!

I had to mount trailor lites for turn signals. My first choise was LED lites; then I figured that the turn signal flasher wouldn 't co-operate, so I put in an incadecent. The mounts will be painted over the winter. I have ridden about 100km with the bags on and not had any problems. I am NOT concerned about the bags dragging. I still have chicken strips:blush on tires that are well worn in the center.

Attachments

• lFro.jpg
    lFro.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 115
jesse bags

I have jesse bags on my 08 GSA and i love them, very easy to load and tough, as well as i had a gentleman rearend me this summer in yosemite. ther was no damage to the box, there was a little damage to the mounting hardware.

I had a set of the Jessee Odysse I bags on my 2003 R1150R. Have been trying to figure out how to get them to fit on my 2008 R1200R. Mounts are not a problem since a bit of blacksmithing and welding can fix anything. My problem is the exhaust on the R1200R. There is no way that I can figure how to get the left bag to fit over or around that huge can. Some folks suggest a Remus muffler, but still have a problem lowering the pipe and still having support for the center stand.

I would appreciate any suggestions on the matter, otherwise I will probably sell the bags and mounts.

Bendy Bit

Even the POC eBay muffler wouldn't fit under the left bag. I went to Mufflerman in Sarnia and had them make me a bent piece of 38mm pipe to angle the muffler up. It was a piece of scrap they had; so the bend in the middle and flairing one end cost $5.:dance I asked several custom exhaust shops if they would help me. They didn't have 38mm (1.5") pipe or the tools to work it. I had to make the 40km trip to Sarnia, 3 times, to get the flaired end big enough. Fortunately I have the time. I should have taken the exhaust pipe off the bike and taken it with me. I now know for the next time.

Back