• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

What will you be doing Monday?

We're in for a beautiful holiday weekend here; 70 degrees and sunny all three days.
Perfect for riding, travelling, fishing, cooking out, and more.

But my wife and I will make the time Monday afternoon to attend the ceremony at the Great Falls Veteran's Memorial...

We will honor those who made the supreme sacrifice, for the freedom of others.

We will pray for our brothers and sisters in arms, who continue to serve in harm's way.

I will remember Rocky's name, for I can no longer see his face.

Attachments

• Copy of Long may she wave.jpg
    Copy of Long may she wave.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 145
Nice to be reminded of what this holiday is all about. It's not just cookouts and the Indy 500......although I always enjoy both. I remain thankful for all who serve to protect and defend us. My thoughts are with those currently deployed, and with those now departed. :heart

I'll be at the National Cemetery in Riverside, CA. Taking flowers and visiting old (gone, but never forgotten) friends & family.

Thank you to all who served. And another thank you to their families and friends who supported them.

:usa

I'll probably be driving to TexSux to see a friend. We're both casualties of the economy and don't have jobs to be at the rest of the week.

Riding to Hyder, Alaska. It looks like we'll be somewhere between Glendive and Great Falls in Montana. Maybe. Or somewhere between Billings and Missoula.

At the farm.. riding, shooting, drinking, bonfire-ing. My grandpa, a WWII vet who faught in Iwo Jima among others, bought this land for us to enjoy, and we do. I wish he was still around.

:usa

I'll be at the National Cemetery in Riverside, CA. Taking flowers and visiting old (gone, but never forgotten) friends & family.

I'll be working on Monday.

My dad is buried at National. Korean War vet.

THANK YOU to all our military folks.

I'll be visiting my Dad's gravesite (WW2 vet) to say hi and give a sit rep. Other than that I'm just waiting on a surgery date in Tucson.

TCM has been running a Memorial Day weekend tribute of movies depicting the fighting men and women of the armed services. Good flicks, worth a boo. :thumb

Driving to Melbourne, FL with the boat behind the truck, delivering it to the new owner.

Just got back from a morning ride - nothing crazy today, just about 100 miles - give or take. This was the first ride (aside from the initial 10 mile shakedown) since getting the GSPD back together. She's running just fine - so far I'm quite pleased with everything and aside from the wind heading home, it was an enjoyable run. :)

I've got a laundry list of service items needed done on the RT. Probably won't get through them all.

Taking my Marine to the airport

He's been home for 3 days. Taking him back to the airport so he can head back to school in Pensacola.

Working.... have to pay the bills... well 3/4 of them... i dont get holidays right now...

Marched in a parade at Scarborough Faire in Waxahachie, TX, where all veterans took part. It was the first parade I've been in since I finished school University and was no longer in the marching band. It felt good, as a Viet Nam era veteran, to have people thank me for my service instead of spitting on me (happened in Denver airport in the early '70's).

You mean yesterday? Oh my 2 buds came over. One on a new Bonne and the other on a very recent frame up R60 (looks catalogue new!). We tore into the LH sidecase of my '78 Bonne and discovered a hairline crak in the case at the primary tensioner 'boss' and a spun clutch plate and some melted clutch rubbers.

The alternator had lost rorque on the rotor retainer and it wobble-wore a patttern on the shaft which is of course the crankshaft.

Suffice to say the budget turned from farkles to raw parts and a serious re-build.

Memorial Day is a little behind us, but the 65th anniversary of D-Day will be here on Saturday. No political point intended here . . . just seemed like something to remember and think about . . .

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124407249202483133.html

One of my personal bucket list items is to visit that cemetery . . .

Amen to that.

We'll be participating in a vintage bike ride June 6th. Lots of old HDs and Indians with tank shifters, suicide clutches and manual spark advance, and so on.
British, German, Italian and Japanese bikes all participate as well, of course; it's nice to live in a world where the bitter enemies of 1944 can now be good friends.

Attachments

• Copy of Untitled-1.jpg
    Copy of Untitled-1.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 12
Back