• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

More Pictures

MAGWA

I was reading the "Doghouse" about some horsewoman that "wanted to help her son" in selling an Airhead "S".

Thought I'd send in a shot or two of my non-original work in progress.

BTW, all of you who replied to her in the genre of "Hey, we're really nice people...", forget it.

You ain't got to show her no steenkin' badges.

Magwa

Attachments

• dsc00515.jpg
    dsc00515.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 341
and another

Three. I can't figure out how to do more than one per post.

Attachments

• dsc00502.jpg
    dsc00502.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 324
83 RS was 508 red smoke

and the last one......

Attachments

• dsc00510.jpg
    dsc00510.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 317
Drool

Never saw an RS without the lowers. I think I like it. Got a front angle?

MarkF

Lowers are not on yet

Here's a shot of one of the uninstalled lowers:

Attachments

• dsc00520.jpg
    dsc00520.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 302
So, you've been holding back on the village, eh, mang? Can't take the heat, so you're not going into the kitchen?

Looks great!

SwEEET! Like the black/chrome effect on the tank with the changing light.

RM

KBasa said:
I am filled with lust and jealousy, magwa. Dizamn that thing's nice.

Good greif, you're such a bike slut, Kbasa! :bliss

(but with excellent taste!)

RM

rocketman said:
Good greif, you're such a bike slut, Kbasa! :bliss

(but with excellent taste!)

RM

I had an excellent 83 R100RS in Alaska Blue. Had the heads rebuilt with the big Black diamond valves, had a San Jose fork brace on it, braided lines, Corbin seat with the motorsport flag, put the enamel motorsport emblem on the tailcone too.

Tina and I rode that bike all over the country. It went from Boston to California and back, went to Colorado a couple times, and then to South Texas.

I think I put 65 or 70K on it over the four years I owned it.

:(

more more pictures

Risking using up all your patience...Here's what I got done today.

Roundels and batery cover decals. For the decals, white is "correct" for '83. Not that it matters much. Butt that's why I have them.

Wondering now whether to abandon the R90S gold stripes for white.

Any thoughts?

Attachments

• dsc00527.jpg
    dsc00527.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 188
Re: Sweet!

ultravox said:
Damn Magwa, I wish my RS looked that nice.

Me too! That looks very nice, clean, and unique. Currently, I have no plans to redo mine, it's not real pretty, but it's very functional.

Re: more more pictures

magwa said:
Wondering now whether to abandon the R90S gold stripes for white.

Any thoughts?

White, definitely. Gold stripes on a BMW are even more of an abonimation than chrome covers on a "toaster tank"!:bliss

Holy cow that a gorgeous bike! Sure wish it was mine! For today's oddball opinion, I think it looks really SMASHING without any strips! I think they'd just detract from the gorgeousness of everything else. They'd make it seem overdone. And I think I'd leave the lowers off too.

The Veg said:
today's oddball opinion, I think it looks really SMASHING without any strips! I think they'd just detract from the gorgeousness of everything else.

I'm agree!

MarkF

One of the best looking bikes BMW or any motorcycle manufacturer ever made. It's bad to the bone.

James O

Back