• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

A good experience

E

Exkawboy

Just wanted to pass along a positive experience I had recently when a birthday rolled around. As a gift I was looking to replace a worn out seat for a K-1200RS and I spent a considerable amount of time shopping for the right deal and great replacement look for the bike. I finally pulled the trigger on a silver piped seat from Sargent, but after I stretched my wallet, pushed the digits and hit send I got a message telling me my seat would be ready in 5 weeks, putting me 3 weeks late for a birthday ride with a new seat. I placed a call to the company and I was told they were at a busy peak with orders and that all seats were hand stitched. At that point I was ready to cancel and look for a set of luggage that might come quicker and still make me look like superman come birthday time,but the gentleman checked and said he had the pieces and would do his best to speed up the process. He asked me to call back in seven days and see if they could speed up my order. Three days later I pulled up my tracking number for kicks and it said I had a scheduled delivery in 3 days. Sargent had pulled it together and a spiffy new seat was there for a birthday cruise as promised. It's good to know there are companies left who still value customers enough to help out an absent minded gift giver every now and then. And if your Sargent seat came a little later in August, sorry, that was my fault. Oh yeah, the seat looked great!

I am pleased to hear that you had a positive experience with a company that wanted your business. I just reported a similar situation, being taken care of by Scorpion Canada, that values its customers. More companies should be attentive to their client?¿le.

I had the same experience with Sargent. The only difference is they asked me not to spread the word around....They said it would be hard to do that for everyone! The seat is great as well.

CalMil

Back