• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Bad Bad Bad GS!

redclfco

Last night on the way to the gym, my GS did a very bad thing. When I fill er up today, because of this, GS only gets 89 octane, THAT’S how bad it was.

I was cruising down the rural paved road going pretty slow, had a rough day, just sort of chillin when WHOOSH

A brand spanking new looking HD Soft tail chromed out sailed by me doing about 70, new fringe a flying, Harley bandana on the head, black fringy jacket and no look, just straight ahead.

I told GS "be calm; don't let it upset you!" but did GS listen? "Noooo", I say between clenched teeth, the GS dropped into 5th, then fourth....

"Don’t you DARE accelerate" (going 55 now) GS drops a gear, accelerates.....

Now we are tailing the HD, and he speeds up to lose us...

Now being the responsible GS rider, I applied the brakes, and FORCED
GS to give up the chase and turn the other cheek. The road comes to a "T" go right, you hit dirt, go left behind the HD you stay on pavement; I might add both roads end the same highway. a 1/4 mile apart.

BAD GS...the next thing I know GS has slipped into third, fish tailing over the ruts left by all the farm trucks and tractors, sailing above the ruts, GS accelerates, drops fourth, and hits fifty..."stop that!" I say as we approach 60 "STOP GOD$#$$^N it!" I yell at GS, GS ignores me:banghead

At this point, GS is out of control, I'm hanging on for the ride...I had nothing to do with this episode, nothing...

We hit the end of the dirt road in a full sliding turn, ending up at the paved intersection. At this point, I'm scared and afraid to take my hand off the bar to hit the kill switch, GS doesn't even slow down and turns left towards where the Harley should be coming up to the highway. GS hits pavement and drops to 4th "stop it" I yell as we push 60, then seventy GS hits fifth, jump to 80 "not 90" I yell, muffled through my helmet "noooo" I scream as we now approach the intersection that the HD is setting at a stop sign....I waive helplessly at him as we shoot on by... He looks pissed...

Bad, Bad Bad GS... it's not my fault...

Last edited:
Red,

Glad to hear you weren't injured while your GS took you for a very, very, very bad ride. I'm telling ya. Those GS's just won't listen. Something in their DNA.

Gotta feel sorry for that HD rider. He didn't even stand a chance.

Maybe 87 octane gas will slow it down? :laugh

Clearly this is one possessed GS that has it out for you. This GS needs to be re-taught who's the boss. Being the nice generous guy that I am--I am more than willing to take this possessed GS and tame it. It shouldn't take more than a year or two to get it back to the wonderful tame bike you remember.

:D :bolt

Clearly this is one possessed GS that has it out for you. This GS needs to be re-taught who's the boss. Being the nice generous guy that I am--I am more than willing to take this possessed GS and tame it. It shouldn't take more than a year or two to get it back to the wonderful tame bike you remember.

:D :bolt

Ever hear the Byrds "Chesnut Mare"? Everytime I hop on her we ride, so thanks for the offer, I like my GS just the way she is...;)

So do you think it's contagious? I'm looking forward to the attitude I get from my GS when I take the cover off later in the PM

Everyone ride safe and have a great memorial day weekend..:drink :eat

I know that it is quite contagious. I can hear my GS making evil rumblings all the way out in the garage right now, anticipating the next time I unleash it.

Never have that problem with my GS. Its that conservative looking /6 that has the Dr. Jeckle and Mr. Hyde complex. I need to whip this one to keep it under 95. The GS usually behaves itself!! (usually)

My father had a friend who claimed his Indian 4 cylinder was out to kill him when he owned it in the 30's. Gus was a little superstitious.

Back