• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

r1200c

B

BRYAN665

why does the motor have less hp than other models and what can be changed on it? and what should i know about the bike before buying?

The bike has less horsepower than other BMW's because it was designed to be a cruiser. It's got tons of torque, and gets on it's powerband around 4,000 rpm where the 1100's start performing good at 6,000+ rpm. It is the quickest BMW I have owned for street riding. 0-60 is great, 60-80 it slows down, and from 80 to whatever, the bike is slow. It will cruise all day long at 80. Plenty of accessories out there.

The 1200C engine belongs in the 1100 oilhead family. You can change out the cams with an RT, GS, or S, but I don't know what will happen to the bikes performance. You can put a can on and gain a couple horses, but where are they in relationship to the rpms you will be running? San Diego BMW and A&S would be where I would go first for performance data.

JON

Apparently you can change nearly everything.

100_0202a.jpg

c-max.jpg

Nitrous will boost the hp.

c1.jpg

Check out the forum at http://www.chromeheads.org

Back