• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Handlebar Risers for R1150RS

mgr1001

Hi,

I have a new R1150RS and I am looking for a set of handlebar risers (also w/ a set back).

Does any one know of any suppliers for these?

Mike:D :confused: :confused: :confused: :brow

Any Luck

I am in the same boat. and have found 3 viable options. one is the verholen device that moves the handles back 50mm. this looks good but we also need to purchace and install a extended brake line.

An other option is the ABM kit which replaces the top cap entirley and replaces the existing handles with a handle bar. It includes the brake line extender.

The third option is a device by transit dog which clamps to the fork ends and raises the exsiting cap with handles up and back. They state that a brake extention is not needed if the line is transfered beneath the key switch.

have you tried any of these options? There are so many variables; I am having trouble deciding. the limitations between fairing and the gas tank plus the existing narrow handle position make it difficult to decide.

I am starting to miss my RT.

Good Luck and let me know what you came up with.

Shawn

Hi,

I believe I used the verholen device that moves the handles back 50mm, and installed the longer brake line.

Not sure because I am in the middle of relocating my home, and the bike is currently at my son's house.

The only problem I had was, that after removing and reinstalling the brake line, I did not know how to do a proper brake bleed on an ABS system. Had to go to the dealer for that. (Would not be a problem now.)

You should also know that if I had to do this again, I probably wouldn't change anything, because I've become used to, and actually prefer the lower and forward riding position, as I have more control and better balance on the bike.

That said, good luck with your project.

Mike
:usa :rolleyes

Back