• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

running lights

jsalmon

I just purchased a used R1150RT. There is a running light switch on the dash. The switch lights up when it's turned on, but I don't see any running lights turn on. Are running lights an option from BMW?

I just purchased a used R1150RT. There is a running light switch on the dash. The switch lights up when it's turned on, but I don't see any running lights turn on. Are running lights an option from BMW?

If you look in this photo, the 2 lights, one on each side of the head light are the fog lights operated from the switch you mentioned. Mine are yellow because I installed the Cee Bailey yellow light protectors.

Last edited:
I'm still confused. I don't see any lights to the sides of my headlight, just the reflector. Do you have lamps on either side of your headlight?

20070929-014.jpg

In the photo you can clearly see the fog lights recessed and on either side of the center reflector.

By "running lights" do you mean a set-up where the turn signal bulbs are "always on" in a low-power mode, and flash with a brighter intensity when the turn signal is activated?

mine is a 2003 R1150RT

If you have tried the switch and did not notice any change in the lighting, all I can think of is that the bulbs are burned out. Changed both of my last year as they both failed a week apart. Next time one goes out I will change both of them.

Back