Thread: Paralever spline lube

Paralever spline lube

Looking for an article to give me step by step directions for the transmission and final drive spline lube. Have seen several articles on the monolever spline lubes but nothing on the paralever. Have looked at the Largiader article but again it is for the monolever. It just seems like there would be some major differences between the two.
    Thanks for any and all suggestions.

Pigmeat

Quote Originally Posted by 74775 View Post
    Looking for an article to give me step by step directions for the transmission and final drive spline lube. Have seen several articles on the monolever spline lubes but nothing on the paralever. Have looked at the Largiader article but again it is for the monolever. It just seems like there would be some major differences between the two.
    Thanks for any and all suggestions.

Pigmeat
    Look at page 22 of the February, 2008 (this month's) issue of the ON. Matt covers the paralever system on the Airheads which is very similar to the K bike paralever.

Transmission removal on a paralever K doesn't differ from the monolever K.

The spline in the middle of the paralever driveshaft just takes some good moly paste or EP grease.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

Thumbs up

Thanks Paul,
    Just havent had time to look at the February issue but this will certainly put me in that direction.