• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

More HP for a K75 (& K100)

Hey Todd;

Have you ever tried Sea Foam in your gas tank and/or crancase? It really cleans all the carbon gunk out pronto. A lot cheaper fix than new injectors.:brad

Yup, i've used it. And it helped with the K75. I just never knew for sure what the bike went through with the PO. It was a 94' and when I got it in 08 it only had 9700 miles on it. That's 700 miles a year!!! Definitely was a neglected bike. I read this thread and pulled the trigger.

My swap today was nearly effortless. I swapped the injectors and spark plugs in under and hour.

The bike feels like it has LESS power but my guess is that the power delivery has become much much smoother. One issue I am having is that when I am in 2-5th gear and under 2500 RPM there is a heavy hesitation when I get on the throttle. This was not happening before I swapped the injectors. And all the plugs are gapped the same.

K75 Power

After having a K75S for 16 years and trying as much as possible to get it to go faster/more power I gave up. I loved that bike , which I recently sold.
You want TO KNOW the best thing to do with your 75, ??? buy a FOR SALE sign, sell it, BUY a K1200RS and you will have ALL the power you will EVER NEED !!!!
BETTER EVERYTHING, granted a little more weight, but.... oh that power !!!!
They are practically giving K1200RS' away with this economy, thanks Goerge W.

Two thumbs up for Sea Foam

So how long or what distance do I leave this in before changing the oil and loosen gunk?

A 15-mile ride revving up to 6k or so for 30 minutes worked for me; I could see the foam on the top of my oil level through the sight glass once it was back on the center stand.

I let the engine cool down for 20 minutes and proceeded to drain the still hot oil and remove the oil filter. The oil had been in for only 800 miles yet is was dark and dirty from all the residue that the SeaFoam had loosened.

If I could somehow change the motto on our currency, I would do so:

In Sea Foam We Trust

PS: After a 60 mile commute with fresh oil and filter the oil is now clearer and lighter than maple syryp. I'll keep an eye on it and change it again as soon as it darkens or gets dirty, which might be a long ways off. :dance

I occasionally put Sea Foam in my gas tank to keep the injectors clean and ward off the evil Hawaiian humidity, too.

Fyk

After having a K75S for 16 years and trying as much as possible to get it to go faster/more power I gave up. I loved that bike , which I recently sold.
You want TO KNOW the best thing to do with your 75, ??? buy a FOR SALE sign, sell it, BUY a K1200RS and you will have ALL the power you will EVER NEED !!!!
QUOTE]

Or, heck, get a K100RS for about the same money you'd get for your 75S. A bit buzzy but I'll never forget that torque (mine was FYK with the hotter cam). Still the most bang for the buck IMO and what a fun ride!:thumb :thumb

I don't usually use SeaFoam, although I have in the past. Rislone in the crankcase and Marvel Mystery oil in the gas on occasion. What seemed to really loosen it up was cruising for 2 hours on the freeway at a safe and sane 75-80 mph (as clocked by the slightly optimistic speedo) with bursts up to 90 mph to get around the semis' buffeting in the Western New Mexico wind.

Dang it was running good. Can't get that in a bottle.

I recently had my stock injectors off for professional cleaning. They were returned with new O-rings top and bottom. The fit was VERY tight, more so the top than the bottom. I was a bit worried that the new O-rings would not seat properly because hand pressure was not enough to fully seat the fuel rail. Tightening up the fuel rail hold down bolts snugged everything up OK however.
probably the wrong o-rings order them online from as cycles or maxbmw, there cheap and the correct size.:thumb

probably the wrong o-rings order them online from as cycles or maxbmw, there cheap and the correct size.:thumb

My o-rings were also VERY snug when I got my injectors back from the shop. Had to use the fuel rail hold down bolts to seat them correctly.

My new injectors were very snug as well. So much so that when I kept trying to insert #3, the #1 injector would pop out. I took a hammer and tapped the rail in while keeping a folded rag in between the hammer and the rail. Just tightening the bolts did NOT cause the injectors to be seated.

A bit of engine oil smeared on the O-rings will allow them to seat much easier.

Yeah, I read that tip after my install was done. Is the oil there only to aid in installation or are there other benefits to it? If so I will consider repeating the process in order to oil up the rings.

Back