• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

I'm off

YELLOW_S

Future BMW WSB Racer
Well, I already knew I was a bit off, but this time I'm off to Germany. I'm leaving tomorrow at 3:10pm (central time) that is if the plane isn't late, or something weird happens. I'm going to Germany for Three weeks. Part of my German class at school. They do it every other year. I'll be going all over Germany mostly eastern. Not going to western Germany much. Since most of the stuff to see is in eastern Germany. I stay with a host family for a week, then Berlin for the final week. No way I'm missing out of the BMW Motorrad factory

Well I'll come back with pictures, and a story. Hope you all have a good, safe time while I’m off, and try to keep the place somewhat sane. :p

Kevin

If you have time...

Take the river ferry boat from Koblenz to Mainz and enjoy the view of the vineyards and castles.

Be sure to gently sip some Rhine or Mosel wine...or perhaps a brew or two.

...a great way to spend the afternoon.

Augustusburg Museum

Lonely Planet says this is the best motorcycle museum in Germany. I didn't have a bike there so took a train from Leipzig to Chemnitz then changed to one that goes through Erdmannsdorf. Get off there, go around the corner, take the lovely nature trail to the top of the hill and in the castle, you will find a fantastic collection of mostly old east German bikes. I spent the whole day in the museum and highly recommend it The ride there would be even more fun.

Have a great time. We expect pictures when you get back.

Holly

Better keep a diary

along with pictures. You'll be talking about this until 2070 at least.

BTW; we'll be keeping a heavy lookout for Kelsey. She and her family are in our prayers.

Bob

You have been a little "off" as long as I have known you...

...and that is from birth. Not your fault; being the fruit of my best friend Bruce's loins, you are genetically twisted!

Seriously, gave a great time and a safe trip!

No imbibing wine or beer, you're only 17! :nono (although that never stopped your dad and I)

Keep us informed when you can get onto the Internet!

Your Dutch (not Deutsche) Uncle,

Hello all,

Well I finally got a chance to get on the internet. I'm here at my host familys school.
I'm here with a friend and am waiting for our family (more like just one memeber of the family) to get back. They are having a big test right now.

O.k so far I would have to say I like Germany better then the US. The recycle EVERYTHING! I have only seen one hummer. All the cars are really small, manual drives. The people are nice, and now how to drive\ride. There are a LOT of scooters, and motorcycles. I've never seen so many BMW motorczcles in mz life. There are more BMW's then any other bike. Its a wonderful site.

WE have gone to serval castles. I can't remeber them all. Neuschwanstein is one, its really new for castles. Build in the late 1800's, but never complete because the king died 7 years into the making of it. We've been to many different towns and have been staying in youth hostles. Cheap hotels for kids traveling. Since kids in Germany travle a lot more then kids in the US. Its really cheap, and nice.

I havn't got many things yet. I'm waiting for Berlin. THats next week. I'm staying with the host family for a week, then I'm going to Berlin with everyone else. Then home on the 25th, or 26th. They are not sure yet... It was spose to be the 26th but I guess something got messed up. So well see. Well I'm going to English class in a bit so that will be fun. Hmm I don't know what else to say so I'm going to go. I'll update later.

Farmer Ted (Kevin) :thumb

Yeah, we need photographic evidence! For all we know, you could be hanging out in Poughkeepsie and there never was a trip to Germany... Oh, wait, that was the moon landing. Never mind.

Anyway, I know your dad shelled out for a new camera for your trip. We want to see twisty roads, bazillions of BMW bikes, castles, mountains, nubile blond teutonic babes...

WHERE'S THE PICS? :dunno

Ted:

If you're not far from Munich, don't miss that big museum with the roundrel on it.....

You'll need a couple of days....:)

Rinty

Ted... Hah! It's not your dad - it is me, Tim. While you have been away I have been keeping your S and SV feeling loved and not just tucked away in the garage. They keep asking to be ridden and I have obliged. Last night your dad wanted to ride my (can I say Guzzi on an BMWMOA site?) to the Plaza and I rode the SV. It is still a hoot! My old back may even recover in a few days.

Have fun. Be safe. Looking forward to seeing pictures when you get back in town.
:german

Ted... Hah! It's not your dad - it is me, Tim. While you have been away I have been keeping your S and SV feeling loved and not just tucked away in the garage. They keep asking to be ridden and I have obliged. Last night your dad wanted to ride my (can I say Guzzi on an BMWMOA site?) to the Plaza and I rode the SV. It is still a hoot! My old back may even recover in a few days.

Have fun. Be safe. Looking forward to seeing pictures when you get back in town.
:german

lol, hey Tim, :) Have the bikes asked where I am yet? lol I'll be back on the 25th. Have a good time and I'll see you later

Kevin!

p.s

For everyone else, I don't know how get to pictures up plus there are over 500 so far. So i don't think i could do all 500... lol have a good time and ride safe

Kevin :germany

Well Farmer Ted, I know you're back, where's the trip report and PICTURES? :stick

Inquiring minds want to know! :brow

Your Dutch (not Deutsche) Uncle,

Back