• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Electricty for medical needs

Doc_Qanai

A friend who will be attending the rally with me needs electricity for a breathing apparatus (CPAP). Will there be an area with electricity available for people with medical needs?

We will absolutely have an area for folks with legitimate medical needs to electricity. It will be located in the southwestern corner of the rally site, very near the BMW trailers.

Doc_Qanai said:
A friend who will be attending the rally with me needs electricity for a breathing apparatus (CPAP). Will there be an area with electricity available for people with medical needs?

Hey now this is good news!

Last year I thought you were the one who needed electricity! I figured somewhere in that pop-up you had a C-Pap going. Glad to hear I was wrong and you are in good shape.

We will absolutely have an area for folks with legitimate medical needs to electricity. It will be located in the southwestern corner of the rally site, very near the BMW trailers.

Do we have to make reservations in advance for this area?

Hey now this is good news!

Last year I thought you were the one who needed electricity! I figured somewhere in that pop-up you had a C-Pap going. Glad to hear I was wrong and you are in good shape.

Rob,

First, that tent was no pop-up.

Second, after I arrived at the rally and set up I received a telephone message from my friend who was to meet me there telling me that he ended up in the hospital for emergency surgery and wouldn't be coming to the rally after all. That was after the whole problem of not getting the electricity to work.

This year he is planning on meeting me at the RA national in Asheville, then ride from there to DC, then NYC, then up to the Qu?®bec rally, back to Albany for about 10 days, then we will be riding to the rally via Ontario.

He will have a new CPAP unit that is less than half the size of his present one (which will leave him a lot more space in his saddlebag) and much quieter (which I am sure all our rally neighbours will appreciate).

Doc

Do we have to make reservations in advance for this area?

We should be able to accomodate 40+ tents for attendees with special requirements for electricity. This should be more than enough, as long as all of their friends don't want to camp with them.

However - to be sure that you DO have a spot, please feel free to email me separately. (Not PM, please.) I'll be sure that security is aware of the people on this list.

Thanks.

Back