• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Got lost

Midnight Rider
Saturday I finely had a chance to take my recently resurrected low mileage 86 K75T for a short ride. I live in a rural area and have just started to explore my new neighborhood.
I was pleased to see a very rough section had been recently resurfaced (no stripes yet) it consists of long curves over rolling terrain. I had no plan other than follow one road to the next and see where I wound up. WellÔÇö I had no real sense of where I was when I found the pictured set of curves. When I finely got home I used google maps to retrace my route, and plan a more direct path back to ÔÇ£the curvesÔÇØ after all I had to go back and ride it again on Sunday. I have found some of the best roads by accident or by just going out and getting lost. The best part of this short ride is there was no traffic, I think I saw three cars while on the back roads between the main hwys. IÔÇÖm gradually creating a loop of winding roads for those days when I only get an hour or so of ride time. Living in Houston I used to ride 200 miles just to get to the heart of the hill country for some hills and curves, now living in rural Oregon IÔÇÖm spoiled by lightly traveled well maintained roads that offer a challenge at 50 mph. Now when I need an attitude adjustment I choose the blacktop rather than the pop top (never liked drinking out of cans anyway).
So my adviceÔÇö go get lost. I donÔÇÖt need no stinkinÔÇÖ GPS.

Attachments

• Curves.jpg
    Curves.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 93
Now that was a fun reprt! Thank you. I moved to Oregon 5 months ago and have racked up 8,000 miles getting lost. The first day here I was afraid to leave my apartment for fear of not being able to get back. Now I know a great many roads and have seen more of Oregon than a lot of locals born here. Keep exploring and if you ever want a ride partner shoot me an e-mail.

41077 said:
Saturday I finely had a chance to take my recently resurrected low mileage 86 K75T for a short ride. I live in a rural area and have just started to explore my new neighborhood.
I was pleased to see a very rough section had been recently resurfaced (no stripes yet) it consists of long curves over rolling terrain. I had no plan other than follow one road to the next and see where I wound up. WellÔÇö I had no real sense of where I was when I found the pictured set of curves. When I finely got home I used google maps to retrace my route, and plan a more direct path back to ÔÇ£the curvesÔÇØ after all I had to go back and ride it again on Sunday. I have found some of the best roads by accident or by just going out and getting lost. The best part of this short ride is there was no traffic, I think I saw three cars while on the back roads between the main hwys. IÔÇÖm gradually creating a loop of winding roads for those days when I only get an hour or so of ride time. Living in Houston I used to ride 200 miles just to get to the heart of the hill country for some hills and curves, now living in rural Oregon IÔÇÖm spoiled by lightly traveled well maintained roads that offer a challenge at 50 mph. Now when I need an attitude adjustment I choose the blacktop rather than the pop top (never liked drinking out of cans anyway).
So my adviceÔÇö go get lost. I donÔÇÖt need no stinkinÔÇÖ GPS.

Ok.
Spill it.
Where were the above curves?

Quick guess: out 224 and ??

41077 said:
IÔÇÖm spoiled by lightly traveled well maintained roads that offer a challenge at 50 mph

That looks like fun, wet or dry at 50 mph. How many miles did you rack up in an 1/8 of a mile at a time. Hehehe :thumb (Back and forth, back and forth)

Highway 66 between Ashland and the top of the hill towards Klammath Falls is a blast like that only there is a cliff on both sides; one up and one down...

Getting lost with a GPS is in my mind, even more fun because it will find the nearest gas station even when LOST!!!

"I've never been lost in my life, only temporarily misoriented"

Doc :nod

OK OK here it is.

S Unger road and 211. Take Unger Rd to S Gard Rd to S Buckner Creek Rd to 213. Shoot me a PM if heading that way I may be able to shirk some responsability that day. I want to take a backroad trip up to Lolo Pass one of these days. I've got it figured out from Sandy, it's getting to Sandy from Mulino on backroads thats the trick. There is also a great route from Troutdale to Lolo pass all on backroads. Get out the maps and let the fun begin.

Attachments

• 211@UngerRd.jpg
    211@UngerRd.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Back