• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

FLASH!! - 'Alexander the Great' falls off his bike!

nhlkats said:
whew...for a second i thought it was Ovechkin
Ovechkin. . . ovechkin - say, wasn't he the Greek warrior that fell off the wall of the castle in Act Three?? 'Member. . . the guy in the hallway trying to come on to Alexander's mother, Angelina Jolie? :ha ` :ha ` :ha

that headline pisses me off - "not bad enough for a bike."

what kind of baloney is that? the guy has no rider training, probably had no gear, and takes a long trip and crashes. he's not *smart* enough for a bike, or *informed* enough, but it's not about being tough, or bad or whatever. sheesh.

I have to grudgingly give the guy his due for dope slapping himself in public, though....

username said:
that headline pisses me off - "not bad enough for a bike."

what kind of baloney is that? the guy has no rider training, probably had no gear, and takes a long trip and crashes. he's not *smart* enough for a bike, or *informed* enough, but it's not about being tough, or bad or whatever. sheesh.
Eye M whichoo on this one.

And now ...

And now if he takes a MSF course and gets back on then he has earned a round of applause. :clap

mechanical problem where his hand applies the brake when it wasn't necessary :rolleyes

at least the "so I laid it down to keep from crashing" didn't apply :drink

Well with reporters it's hard to tell how much of this is being reported as it happened/was said to have happened but . . . I have to give him credit for taking the blame for wrecking and for deciding he wasn't a motorcycle person and not pretending to be one after the fact.

Not everyone is cut out for a bike and it's nice when folks are at least smart enough to realize what is for them and what isn't.

IMHO,

j

Junkle said:
Well with reporters it's hard to tell how much of this is being reported as it happened/was said to have happened but . . . I have to give him credit for taking the blame for wrecking and for deciding he wasn't a motorcycle person and not pretending to be one after the fact.

Not everyone is cut out for a bike and it's nice when folks are at least smart enough to realize what is for them and what isn't.

IMHO,

j

Amen.

Statdawg said:
Was he wearing that helmet ? I thought Brad Pitt was Alexander ? :violin
statdawg, my good man. . . our former badass biker friend, Colin Farrell, was, indeed, 'ALEXANDER'
in the movie of the same name from 2004. And, Angelina Jolie did play his mother, Olympias. (what?)
Favourite quote:- "Fortune favors the bold!"
All of this being the fault of one Oliver Stone.

Farrell's look-a-like, and present-day consort to the very same Angela Jolie, was 'ACHILLES' ` in the film, TROY, also from 2004.
Favourite quote:- "Death to the Trojans and their spawn!"
All of this one being the dream of director Wolfgang Petersen (of 'Das Boot' fame, 1985).

As we went to press, there has been no report to indicate that Angelina Jolie will even let Brad Pitt get on a motorcycle let alone fall off one. (Jennifer, I miss youuuuuu....)

Posted for inquiring minds who want to know these things. . . . ` ` :blah

SlashFiveTourer said:
As we went to press, there has been no report to indicate that Angelina Jolie will even let Brad Pitt get on a motorcycle let alone fall off one. (Jennifer, I miss youuuuuu....)
But but... I think, quite to the contrary, they both ride... (not so much now that she's had a baby, I'd imagine)

out05_042i.jpg

tessler said:
But but... I think, quite to the contrary, they both ride... (not so much now that she's had a baby, I'd imagine)

out05_042i.jpg

I remember that picture. It was taken just west of Edmonton when Brad was making "The Legend of Jesse James". It seems the two of them rode into the local grocery store, bought their stuff and loaded it into a waiting SUV. Then they rode back to the acreage they were renting. Real motorcyclists would have bungie corded the groceries to the back seat. :blah :brad

Karma at work with Colin?

FARRELL FLIES TO FALLEN BOY'S SIDE

25 August 2006

(KP International)

"Hollywood's bad boy with the brooding good looks and famously foul mouth has revealed that even one of the horniest of celebs has a heart. Colin Farrell recently stopped shooting on the latest film so he could run to comfort a little boy who had fallen off his bike. "Colin wanted to be sure he was OK," a source said to the UK's Sun. Onlookers said the Irish rogue rushed to the aid of the youngster and drew into his arms the boy who was in tears over his fall. The film Farrell was in the middle of shooting was Woody Allen's next flick, which has he has been keeping under wraps. According to sources, even the crew are kept in the dark and are not told what scenes they will be shooting until absolutely necessary. The film, which has not been titled, also stars Ewan McGregor and Tom Wilkinson. "

`

Is there some kind of karma at work here? Colin Farrell (aka 'Alexander the GreatÔÇÖ) falls off his own motorcycle a couple of weeks ago and quits riding. Here, Farrell sees a kid fall off his bicycle and rushes over to offer assistance ÔÇô certainly knowing what the kid on the ground is feeling. Then, we see Farrell is making this secret Woody Allen movie with none other than our very own BMW poster boy, Ewan McGregor. ` ` Is this absolutely weird or what?

Any bets that Farrell and McGregor were discussing motorcycling at some point during the shooting of this film?

Back