• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2018 RT Seat Angle

The missus and I went out for a 250 mile ride. The seat feels much better. I am not sliding up against the gas tank and crushing the "boys" against the fuel tank any more! My butt stays on the rearward part of the rider's seat, right where I put it.

I was thinking about a new seat before we went n a trip this summer. That thought just got tossed in the rubbish bin!

The missus and I went out for a 250 mile ride. The seat feels much better. I am not sliding up against the gas tank and crushing the "boys" against the fuel tank any more! My butt stays on the rearward part of the rider's seat, right where I put it.

I was thinking about a new seat before we went n a trip this summer. That thought just got tossed in the rubbish bin!

I tried this over the weekend. Used a piece of 1" black polymer rod I found on Amazon, double zip-tied (for now) to the bracket in LOW position. Did a 200 mile ride Saturday and it felt really good! Definitely feel more planted in center/rear of seat. Im just over 6'1" with a Sargent and was also feeling like I was getting pushed up against the tank.

Just wanted to say thanks for the idea!

Attachments

• 20230515_075005.jpg
    20230515_075005.jpg
    440.2 KB · Views: 97
Dunno for sure, but I'd wager that a hollow pipe wouldn't be as strong as a solid piece.

PVC pipe? Not strong enough.

Let's specify the proper PVC Schedule (SCH). Thin wall, SCH 40, SCH 80, SCH 120. Thinwall, and/or SCH 40 may not be strong enough. But SCH 80 and 120 would be super strong. Just try to break one of the thicker Schedules.

Let's specify the proper PVC Schedule (SCH). Thin wall, SCH 40, SCH 80, SCH 120. Thinwall, and/or SCH 40 may not be strong enough. But SCH 80 and 120 would be super strong. Just try to break one of the thicker Schedules.

SCH 80, maybe strong enough, but where do you buy SCH 120? Never heard of it and my bet is you can not buy is at Home Depot.

I did 30 seconds of snooping and I see it available at plumbing supply warehouses and online. I worked for a mechanical/plumbing contractor for twelve years and never heard of SCH 120!

I installed a dowel last night and it really does make the OEM seat adequate. The gap between the seat and side panel is not very pretty. The seat position is neutral and should be this way from the factory.

Attachments

• IMG_5466.jpg
    IMG_5466.jpg
    286.6 KB · Views: 37
Back