• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Any Racing Enthusiasts out there?

HSVPhil

AlaBeemer_Prez
Come One, Come All.

We'll be otherwise on travel, BUT maybe U should come to Leeds, AL while they’re Racing Motorcycles... :brow

https://www.motoamerica.com/alabama/?_ga=2.74873362.1236386352.1682214324-247734274.1630724544

Drop by and show some appreciation to the Big League Bikers out there on the Racing circuit!

Happy Trails whenever U can - Ciao!
HSV-Karen & HSV-Phil
USN-Ret'd —--&-— USAF-Ret’d

'09 F650GS-twin - '14 K-GT
'82 R100CS ——— '75 R90S
’08 CRF230L —--— ’09 KLX250S
'16 R1200RS —-— ’05 Vespa 200L
:beer

Well a BMW M1000RR just won the first Superbike race at Road Atlanta. It beat a Yamaha by .34 second.

There are 5 BMWs racing in MotoAmerica Superbike. This has been building for quite a few years.

And a TON of new member prospects at the race and/or watching it online.

Some dude has been writing about it in On The Level for a while now, but I heard he retired.

Screen%20Shot%202023-04-23%20at%2011.17.20%20AM.png

IMG_3672-X3.jpg

“Let's not forget Nate Kern on his badass R9T."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Indeed, we knew Nate from his time in the Metro DC area. He’s a very hard working BMW Enthusiast! :usa

Sadly, his motorcycle is in a different class than the M1000RR - just no comparison.... :brow

Really hope there’s an enthusiastic BMW turnout at Barbers’ next month. :burnout

We’ll be on travel {coming back from our long-delayed Edelweiss eXcursion in Austria}.

Hope to catch up with the gang in 2024.
Ciao, HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen :beer

Sadly, his motorcycle is in a different class than the M1000RR - just no comparison.... :brow

Au contraire, that Hooligan class is a hoot to watch, but yes, a completely different class of racing. N8 and the bike are completely cut out for this kind of racing, he is pretty darned competitive despite the factory support that other riders are receiving.

Somewhere I have a (not very good) video clip of him riding at Road Atlanta last year.

Have a good time on your EU ride, Phil... I am still catching up from missed rides, too.

This is a pic of N8 on his Hooligan-class bike at Road Atlanta, 2022.

IMG_0267-X3.jpg

For myself Dakar is the only racing I watch.

In the '80s and early 90's Voni and I went to Springfield, IL every year for the mile dirt track races. Then we watched the GP races at Heartland Park Topeka and later became Corner Workers there too. There is almost nothing quite like watching riders decelerate from 160 or so down the front straight into a double 80 degree chicane at turns one and two while standing right behind the wall holding a green flag.

In the '80s and early 90's Voni and I went to Springfield, IL every year for the mile dirt track races.

Facedown offered me the chance to shoot ringside at Peoria, and sadly I could never work it out due to work.

For me, Motocross and Supercross fill the bill.

IMG_4766-X3.jpg

Back