• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Much real world M-chain experience by anyone yet?

motodan

Any worthwhile takes on BMW’s end all chain? I know it was introduced as a no maintenance item however, that was toned down further into its description.

I don’t think anyone likes the inconvenience of a recall……from the manufacturer to the owner.

Usually better than the alternative.

“Would you like a complementary cup of coffee and a danish while you wait Mr. Takata”. :blush

OM

M Chain and Clickers

I want one of those M Chains for my 310 but last time I checked they were not available in that size.

The other thing I want is Clickers. I think it was a test of the Varg off road electric bike mentioned that chain adjustment was accomplished with clickers on the swing arm.

I am so tired (rider of a certain age) of laying on the floor examining the alignment of rear axel markings. If the clickers work the way I would think they do - sign me up.

Wayne Koppa
Grayling, MI
#71,449

PS: It is much easier to get down on the floor than it is to get up.

I have never obsessed over the axle spacing as the adjustment "cams" seem to suffice. I have used a pair of these-

51khzhZLAFL.jpg

if after the adjustment and a look down the length of the chain seemed "off". Easy to use and transfers a space measurement from side to side.

OM

Back