• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2022 F750GS drive chain to CAT clearance.

rbenstead

Has anyone noticed how much clearance there is from the seam flange of the CAT to the drive chain? Mine doesn't appear to be rubbing while driving, but while going slow and hitting a bump it seems to be striking the CAT along the side. Sounds like there is a loose rock in the pannier. And YES, the chain is at the proper tension. The dealer said that it does appear to be quite close and ground a little of the flange down.

Hmmmmm

Doesn't anybody have a 750 GS that can tell me how much clearance they have between the chain and Catalytic converter down by the swing arm?

There is usually some give in an exhaust system, such that with all the clamps and fastenings loosened the exhaust can be shifted or adjusted slightly. I’d suggest a return to the dealer with a request to loosen everything and try to adjust the CAT to where it has more clearance from the chain.

Best,
DeVern

My experience with F750GS was plenty of chain slop, which caused noise when hitting the swingarm guard, even when correctly adjusted.

Back