• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Riding New Zealand

Moto316

I'm thinking about a trip next year to New Zealand. I did a search and it came up empty. I was wondering who has done it and which tour group you used? I'm sure they are all good. I've checked with Edelweiss, Ayres and GotourNZ. Thanks.

Last edited:
There are some links in the Similar Threads pane below, although they might be old. Also, type New Zealand into the Tag Cloud feature below. Finally, use google's site search to find other posts about New Zealand:

site:forums.bmwmoa.org new zealand

That will get you started until more recent trips can be reported on.

You don't need a tour company for NZ IMHO
Its not that big.
Just rent a bike. IMHO don't you need much planning.

Everyday find a pub and ask for a local room.

What you do need is a good set of raingear and a tolerance for heavy weather even in the summer., soo
Carefully follow the weather while there so you don't get too flattened and if its rat**** on the So Island head north sooner than later on the ferry.
Nick
3 Month NZ vet

There is a great YouTube channel called "A Brit, A Blonde, A Bike". Fun couple! They live on the south island there and ride a GS. Their channel has a lot of riding content of their travels in NZ. I would consider it a great resource.

You don't need a tour company for NZ IMHO
Its not that big.
Just rent a bike. IMHO don't you need much planning.

Everyday find a pub and ask for a local room.

What you do need is a good set of raingear and a tolerance for heavy weather even in the summer., soo
Carefully follow the weather while there so you don't get too flattened and if its rat**** on the So Island head north sooner than later on the ferry.
Nick
3 Month NZ vet

I've thought about riding it solo but I kind of prefer to ride with a small group of like minded folks, they should help to remind me to ride on the wrong side of the road. Thanks for the weather tip.

Which company is the one that usually has a seminar on touring NZ at the Nationals? Might be worth checking with them. They always had drawings for a free tour with them...for some reason, they never drew my number!!

Back