• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

RT 1250 Brake light wire color code for Hyperlite install

tleonard

I want to install a Hyperlite brake light on my 2022 1250rt. Their latest instructions are for a 1200 rt and that the brake light wire color is grey with black strip and yellow marker. Is this correct for my new bike?

The reason I ask is that I removed the lights from a 2014 1200rt and the brake light wire color was purple with yellow dots.

Thanks for any help clarifying this for me.

Motodan - I spoke with them twice yesterday and I have their latest instructions. My question is if the wiring colors carry over from the 1200. Hopefully someone that has installed them on a new 1250 will respond.

Motodan - I spoke with them twice yesterday and I have their latest instructions. My question is if the wiring colors carry over from the 1200. Hopefully someone that has installed them on a new 1250 will respond.

Gee! Apparently they aren’t interested in continuing customer service. Think they’d want to know what their product application is for future sales support. Oh well the whole world seems to have taken a dump on service and ability to work. Hope you find your answer.

I very strongly suspect that BMW has NOT stopped using the DIN standard color codes, and don't think it is every vendor's responsibility to guess whether the European standard is still used.

Thanks. The Skene site seems to confirm the wire colors for the 1200's. I didn't realize there were DIN wire color standards, so hopefully everything will be the same for the 1250's.

Back