• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New member from Alberta Canada

xcaret

A few weeks ago my Harley broke down, and our riding season was going to come to an end soon. My bike had no windshield or fairing . I rode it on days +20 C and warmer ( +74 F ,I think) .

I wanted to keep riding and bought a 1991 K75RT ,with 81k . I was out riding everyday and loving it.
Being in Calgary ,the mountains are an hours ride from here , in the other direction there are miles of paved roads through farm/ranching land and I now have 86,800 K's on the bike .

I no longer look for temperatures of +20, yesterday after picking up my 2 wheels with new tires mounted I went for a short ride . +12 C and I was warm the whole time .. I love this little bike . I plan to tour Canada in 2022 . I mostly have only riden in the 3 western provinces and western US ,but the Ciovid rules prevent crossing the US border so I'm going to see eastern Canada .
In about 1981 I bought a 1978 R100RS Motosport,and rode it for several years before parking it in my garage , never to be ridden again . I sat ignored for over 30 years until this spring when I sold it to a fellow who is going to restore it .. I had forgotten how smooth BMW's are .
In the 80's I was a MOA member , and joined again now.. 2000_0118_174500_003.JPG

Glad the opportunity arose to replace the naked HD, Mr X!

Fairings were invented to extend the Riding season! Same with Heated Grips & heated, plug-in clothing! Your bike has enuf power to keep you warm & toasty! Read your Owners' News for worthy accessories!

I presume you'll have to keep the bike garaged when the snow's blowing, but there will certainly be some moderate and dry conditions over the winter {after all, it's called Global Warming for a reason}. :nod

Surf over to the Forum thread where the Flying Bricks are discussed. You've made a fine purchase {until you're ready to invest in something else}! Do Not test ride a new bike at a Dealer Open House, unless you're ready to start writing checks for licensing & registration! :D

Maybe things regarding covid will settle down in 2022. We had to fly to Alaska in July in order to check that state off our Bucket List (rented GS's thru MotoQuest}. 49 down; One left to go out there in the Pacific Ocean! https://www.motoquest.com/motorcycle-rental-locations/alaska-motorcycle-rentals/

Be safe and be seen on your Autumn outings! I learned the hard way that the cagers refuse to see motorcycles... :banghead

Ciao!
HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen

USAF-Ret'd -&- USN-Ret'd

'14 K-GT -- '09 650GS-twin
'75 R90S -- '82 R100CS
- - - - - - - -'16 R1200RS

Welcome from Wisconsin

Glad you’re enjoying your K75. I have one myself. Love t. My Dad was born near you, in Three Hills, in 1917.

Back