• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Werks Quiet Ride experience

motodan

If you visit this forum much, you've no doubt noted numerous positive comments regarding Werks Quiet Ride products and Terry, the owner. This is an add to those positive comments. The product, WERKS...beyond my expectations. And Terry, well he actually answers the phone, returns emails and provides what he says he will. Attributes not easily found these days - quality/functional product and excellent customer service with a personal touch.

Last edited:
If you visit this forum much, you've no doubt noted numerous positive comments regarding Werks Quiet Ride products and Terry, the owner. This is an add to those positive comments. The product, WERKS...beyond my expectations. And Terry, well he actually answers the phone, returns emails and provides what he says he will. Attributes not easily found these days - quality/functional product and excellent customer service with a personal touch.
Video: https://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?100663-Werks-Quiet-Ride-Installation .

I have a Werks Quiet Ride windscreen on my R1200RTW. I only had the mini-windscreen on my mars red RT for the short ride home following the purchase of the bike so my basis for comparison is somewhat limited. My test ride was on a white R1200RTW which had a standard OEM windscreen. Why BMW thought that folks on a mars red RT enjoyed cold air (bike purchased in Feb 2018!) is beyond me, but I'd already ordered the Quiet Ride windscreen based on recommendations of others. This windscreen works well for me. I did have a nice discussion with Terry about an appropriate size of windscreen prior to placing my order. The Quiet Ride windscreen works for me in the summer (in lowered position) and other times (height adjusted to suit). I have very good weather protection and wear earplugs (or S-plugs when listening to the sat. radio) under my modular helmet.

7Jurock makes my Quiet Ride screens for me. Julio ( owner of 7Jurock ) is an ex-Cee Bailey employee. I contacted him about making a shield to my specs. That is where this started. I done all the development and testing. We collaborated on CAD designs together to get this where it is. There is no way I could offer one line of windshields ( RT only so far! ) and pay for all the equipment it takes to manufacture these. So this is a partnership. Which has its own challenges, such as the confusion over seeing another name on the paperwork! We ship direct from the plastics shop. Shipping costs are high so the only way to make this work is to direct ship to customer.
Like any business lately...we are really having trouble keeping up due to employee issues that mostly have stemmed from Covid. I have always believed the best products come from those with a passion for perfection. No other company would have spent the time, money, and effort to perfect one line of windshields. That is what makes the Quiet Ride the name it has become.

7Jurock makes my Quiet Ride screens for me. Julio ( owner of 7Jurock ) is an ex-Cee Bailey employee. I contacted him about making a shield to my specs. That is where this started. I done all the development and testing. We collaborated on CAD designs together to get this where it is. There is no way I could offer one line of windshields ( RT only so far! ) and pay for all the equipment it takes to manufacture these. So this is a partnership. Which has its own challenges, such as the confusion over seeing another name on the paperwork! We ship direct from the plastics shop. Shipping costs are high so the only way to make this work is to direct ship to customer.
Like any business lately...we are really having trouble keeping up due to employee issues that mostly have stemmed from Covid. I have always believed the best products come from those with a passion for perfection. No other company would have spent the time, money, and effort to perfect one line of windshields. That is what makes the Quiet Ride the name it has become.

I was hoping for you to chime in and explain the confuzzlement. :thumb
Frequently, good products take time.
OM

I enjoyed the entire purchase process...it was between Cee Baily and the werks...interesting that there is a connection there. ha. The clincher was the Patience and enthusiasm of Terry on a phone call to ask about sizing.

(Side note...I had a similarly satisfying call to Kermit when I was thinking about the leg extensions...called the number on the site and got the owner of the company and had about a 15-20 minute conversation about the product, his role, employees, son's management, chair parts, etc)

I have a no China policy (insofar as possible)...so far my patience and willingness to pay what sometimes seems like a lot- AT FIRST...has really made me feel good about some of the choices I've made.

Terry I have your windshield on my 15RT I was one of your early buyers, since that time everyone of my RT riding buddies have purchased your shield, all agree that it’s 1000% better than factory
Keep up the good work
Jim

Terry I have your windshield on my 15RT I was one of your early buyers, since that time everyone of my RT riding buddies have purchased your shield, all agree that it’s 1000% better than factory
Keep up the good work
Jim

Thanks Jim! Honestly the only thing that makes all the headaches of selling these is the input I get back from riders.

I'd get one - if they made one for my '06...

+1
Quieter would be nice, getting the air to flow over my helmet while still looking over the shield would be even nicer.

7Jurock has a shield with a similar "flip" at the top, but they only claim it fits the Camhead RT. The Hexhead mounts are the same, but I'm not 100% positive the shield would properly fit against the bodywork in the lowered position. Some aftermarket shields fit both Hex and Cam bikes, but when I emailed 7Jurock, they had no idea if it would fit, and did not seem interested in finding out. I'm not willing to risk a 15% restocking fee plus shipping for a return if it does not fit, since large, lightweight boxes are still expensive to ship.

Last edited:
Back