• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Bracket for ZumoXT install on a 2021 RT

Not exactly what you are looking for but this might get you close if you are willing to cobble something together. Search eBay for: R1200RT R1250RT Motorcycle Phone Mount Holder GPS Navigator with USB Charger

...or just go with your phone...

Does the 2021 still have the handlebar clamp with the unused spot for a mirror?
If it does this makes a good location to screw in a RAM Ball, then use the RAM mount of your choice.

Last edited:
Hey Poor, yes, I kinda jumped the gun posting the solution for pre-2021 RTW. Does the '21 come with Nav prep? If so, I believe the second link shows something that would work.

Does the 2021 still have the handlebar clamp with the unused spot for a mirror?
If it does this makes a good location to screw in a RAM Ball, then use the RAM mount of your choice.

The part fiche shows the 1250 still has a threaded hole in the what BMW calls a pipe clamp.
# 11 in the picture.

1250 pipe clamp.jpg

Here are two mounting solutions that worked for me. On the left is the Zumo mounted to the Wunderlich handle bar extension using the stock Zumo XT mounting bracket that comes with the kit. The handlebar extension is similar to the one listed on Ebay but more readily available (and more $$ of course).

On the right is an Adaptiv Technologies vertical control mount which could also be used for the Zumo with some additional fittings.

Attachments

• 20210610_150824.jpg
    20210610_150824.jpg
    252.8 KB · Views: 125
Here are two mounting solutions that worked for me. On the left is the Zumo mounted to the Wunderlich handle bar extension using the stock Zumo XT mounting bracket that comes with the kit. The handlebar extension is similar to the one listed on Ebay but more readily available (and more $$ of course).

On the right is an Adaptiv Technologies vertical control mount which could also be used for the Zumo with some additional fittings.

Well now I want an RT. Sweet setup.

This may have convinced me to get an XT that I can use on both my '16 RT and '18 GS !! Thanks

Thank you for sharing! Great solution. :)

Back