• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

TFT and ZumoXT

Can you use both of them? is that practical?

The best answer to your questions is “Yes, but…no.”

If using a headset the headset may be limited in the number of pairings and pairing types it will accept. I am not familiar with any headsets that support enough pairings and types to be able to simultaneously connect both TFT and Zumo and have full functionality through both- and your phone would be confused. However, I have run both TFT and Zumo simultaneously on my GS but using each for only certain functions. For example, phone calls and media play through the TFT but navigation through the Zumo. And if you get a setup that works on the TFT-equipped bike but then share the Zumo with another bike not equipped with TFT, you’ll need to redo pairings to get full functionality.

Better answers may come if you expand the question a bit and clarify your end goal.

Best,
DeVern

I just wonder how and if anyone is using both: the TFT and a ZumoXT

I hear a lot of connectivity problems with the TFT.

All my touring history involves a Sena paired to a phone and a Garmin.

I just wonder how and if anyone is using both: the TFT and a ZumoXT

I hear a lot of connectivity problems with the TFT.

All my touring history involves a Sena paired to a phone and a Garmin.

My experience with the TFT has been that having the latest firmware flashed on the TFT is crucial. With that done, I’ve found the phone and media functions to be reliable and quite workable. I found the navigation function using the BMW Motorrad Connected app through the TFT to be less than satisfactory, so I came to depend upon my Nav VI or Zumo 590LM for that. Finding the pairing order and types of pairings that work best to get all three cooperating may require some fiddling, but there are YT videos along with posts (I think in the “Gear” forum) that cover the topic well.

Best,
DeVern

I'm not having any issues connecting to the TFT between my Sena SMH10r and iPhone 7 combination. There is no reason you cannot pair both the TFT and the Zumo and have full functionality between both.

Back