• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

1200RTW Tank Bag

chang2up

I just installed SW-MOTECH Quick-Lock EVO City Tank Bag and I'm very happy with the overall look and feel of the bag. My issue is that after drilling the holes and mounting it, I noticed that it is not lined up straight with the tank/bike. I have not contacted the retailer or manufacturer at this point since I am not sure if I am nit-picking. It wasn't a cheap bag and they brag about they're precision manufacturing so I am somewhat irritated that I have to stare at this crooked bag while driving down the road. Has anyone else used this bag or other similar ones and is it normal for them to not line up straight?

Hey Welcome to the show with your post#1. No, it's not supposed to be crooked on the tank.
I have a similar model, and during attachment of the component to the bag itself...
one could misalign that step and therefore cause your issue. But if the tank ring itself is not centered and aligned on the fuel door component,
you may have a defective piece.
You'll like it when you finally get it correct.

"travel'n" john
15 GSw with a Quick Lock EVO system

Hey Welcome to the show with your post#1. No, it's not supposed to be crooked on the tank.
I have a similar model, and during attachment of the component to the bag itself...
one could misalign that step and therefore cause your issue. But if the tank ring itself is not centered and aligned on the fuel door component,
you may have a defective piece.
You'll like it when you finally get it correct.

"travel'n" john
15 GSw with a Quick Lock EVO system

Thanks for the reply.

I tried to see if i did something wrong during my install. The template fits really snug into the bottom. If you use the template to drill the holes, the only adjustment is forward and back, correct?

Also, when I turn the bag over and look at the bottom, the lower part that angles down toward the seat is not symmetrical. I'll try and post some pictures when get back to the bike.

Back