• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

We do own this site....right?

Two competing airlines want me to fly with them. In their attempt to get my business, I am introduced to the flight crews. One crew is composed of an older pilot with years in the cockpit and a hot shot novice as the copilot. The other crew's chief pilot has flown before, but doesn't have much time in the cockpit of such a large aircraft. However, the copilot is quite experienced and has a confident air about him. Now, the flight to our new destination is going to be a long one with some pretty rough weather in route, and once we take off, emergency landing sites are few and far between.

My question is: Which airline do would you chose?

Tom

It appears you expect something to happen to the pilot? Heart attack, stroke? I'm picking the younger pilot as he is most likely to not die in flight and if he does, experience is there to help out.

You forgot to mention the gender. :laugh

Two competing airlines want me to fly with them. In their attempt to get my business, I am introduced to the flight crews. One crew is composed of an older pilot with years in the cockpit and a hot shot novice as the copilot. The other crew's chief pilot has flown before, but doesn't have much time in the cockpit of such a large aircraft. However, the copilot is quite experienced and has a confident air about him. Now, the flight to our new destination is going to be a long one with some pretty rough weather in route, and once we take off, emergency landing sites are few and far between.

Tom

Clever, Tom... :rofl

Tom
Patience lad, is a virtue.

God invented PM's so you can discuss stuff privately with friends if it's not allowed in an open forum.

This has been a great thread so far, and I would hate to see it go to the doghouse and be an example some folks would use of how we can't stay within whatever the current guidelines are. I believe we can.

I'd prefer to see those who have bet on "Doghouse" in the pool, lose.

Patience lad, is a virtue.

God invented PM's so you can discuss stuff privately with friends if it's not allowed in an open forum.

This has been a great thread so far, and I would hate to see it go to the doghouse and be an example some folks would use of how we can't stay within whatever the current guidelines are. I believe we can.

I'd prefer to see those who have bet on "Doghouse" in the pool, lose.

My most sincere apology to anyone that may have been offended by my juvenile attempt at humor and levity. I, too, hope that we can discuss airlines at some future date and hope that my dogs don't have to move over to allow room for me.

With my 58th birthday rapidly approaching, being called "lad" is truly a complement. Thank you.

Tom

My most sincere apology to anyone that may have been offended by my juvenile attempt at humor and levity. I, too, hope that we can discuss airlines at some future date and hope that my dogs don't have to move over to allow room for me.

With my 58th birthday rapidly approaching, being called "lad" is truly a complement. Thank you.

Tom

I thought is was very clever and not juvenile at all. It certainly could serve as a model of civil discourse.

Happy 58th, wishing you many more.

Oh...it took a few minutes, but I get it now...

Sort of like taking a ride on a very rapid boat.....

Not allowed in the shallow water of the current BMWMOA...

Tom! I am surprised!:whistle

Anyway, I hope all have a very good Labor day weekend! I had to work today till noon; but no more; I am off until Tuesday!

Dale

Oh...it took a few minutes, but I get it now...

Sort of like taking a ride on a very rapid boat.....

Not allowed in the shallow water of the current BMWMOA...

Tom! I am surprised!:whistle

Anyway, I hope all have a very good Labor day weekend! I had to work today till noon; but no more; I am off until Tuesday!

Dale
OK Dale, splain it to an old dense biker. And to me also........:laugh

Check yer PM's but I will give you a hint..what's another name for a rapid boat?

Great stuff. Thanks, the facts are quite evident once "splained"

Great stuff.

Answer the hot shot, but I am prejudiced!

I thought is was very clever and not juvenile at all. It certainly could serve as a model of civil discourse.

Excellent point. One of the great techniques for the discussion of emotional topics is to use a surrigate model of one of the key discussion points. That both isolates one issue from others, and tends to remove the emotional component. This approach could be an excellent model for a "Tavern" discussion format.

Happy 58th, wishing you many more.

Indeed! Congratulations! :clap

Excellent point. One of the great techniques for the discussion of emotional topics is to use a surrigate model of one of the key discussion points. That both isolates one issue from others, and tends to remove the emotional component. This approach could be an excellent model for a "Tavern" discussion format.

Indeed! Congratulations! :clap

Thank you. I wish that I had had such a good explanation for using the technique, but ARValkguy came up with the idea when he suggested using "code" to discuss such topics. I was just running with his idea, but leave it to Greg to phrase it in such an intellectual way.:thumb

As to the good wishes for my birthday, I do have another month at the young age of 57. Let's not get ahead of ourselves. The birthdays come fast enough as it is.

Gusgus, seeing as how you have firsthand experience with the "hot shot", I look forward to reading your take on their abilities. Assuming, of course, that it is done within the guidelines of the forum.

Tom

Thank you. I wish that I had had such a good explanation for using the technique, but ARValkguy came up with the idea when he suggested using "code" to discuss such topics. I was just running with his idea, but leave it to Greg to phrase it in such an intellectual way.:thumb

As to the good wishes for my birthday, I do have another month at the young age of 57. Let's not get ahead of ourselves. The birthdays come fast enough as it is.

Gusgus, seeing as how you have firsthand experience with the "hot shot", I look forward to reading your take on their abilities. Assuming, of course, that it is done within the guidelines of the forum.

Tom

Amen.

Let me try.

'Cause they could dance around the issues to a flamingo beat. Very cool!

Tom

I thought that we were discussing Latin, which would have been Roman.

A person of Latino heritage might dance to Flamenco music, however I have no idea what flamingo birds dance to. Obviously they have their own music which is attractive to politicians (perhaps this is what the Governor was dancing to in "The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas"??????

Regards, Rod.

Back