• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2023 Richmond VA: The 50th National MOA Rally

Wash your bike before you come. Wash it when you get back home. Save $100.

Doug

What Marty does is whole lot more than washing a bike. It is called detailing for a reason. On the other hand the bike wash station is usually a hose, maybe some rags, and surface from which the water will drain or soak-in.

The Club Rallies & Rides before this 50th MOA National...

Now a separate Thread within Rally Forums

Last edited:
When will a map of the activities be posted. The site says this spring. I think we are in the spring at this point.

The Rally Program is being produced this week for print next Monday. The map is part of that process and we can have a finished copy online early next week.

Ted

Glad you are keeping an eye on stuff, and responding in the Forums Ted.

There's so many new members and rally first timer's the last couple years, it's quite helpful!

Interactive Google Map

Several have asked for a map. This is a pdf of the map from the Rally program. Page two (which will be the back of the map in the Rally program) has some cool day rides that Johnathan Gifford put together.

For those that want to dig in a little, Paula Fitzer created an interactive Google Earth map that has quite a bit of detail. It's actually very interesting to explore the site and Paula worked hard to pull it together. I haven't found a way to embed that map in the forum or on the website, but this is the link if you want to see it and explore with Google Earth.

Last year the motovans parked for free.

This year they can also. In the parking lot with competition for a spot near the "edge of grass".
Still, likely hot because of the pavement.
Drive away... and your idea spot may not be there upon returning. That will still work for some folks.

But the Overlanding Option... your own spot of normalcy in a setting conducive to even better rally enjoyment.
This offering has become a very popular request since at least the Lebanon Rally.

... Fantastic Rally Site Map(s) this year!

The Google Earth Link labeled with color coding is neat.

The Sign Committee crew will need to be on top of their game! It's a Big Place.

For those that want to dig in a little, Paula Fitzer created an interactive Google Earth map that has quite a bit of detail. It's actually very interesting to explore the site and Paula worked hard to pull it together. I haven't found a way to embed that map in the forum or on the website, but this is the link if you want to see it and explore with Google Earth.

The overlay on the Google Map will be a big help.

Several have asked for a map. This is a pdf of the map from the Rally program. Page two (which will be the back of the map in the Rally program) has some cool day rides that Johnathan Gifford put together.

Perhaps some help-

p.png

View attachment 2023 rally 1.pdf

IMG_0800.jpg

View attachment 2023 rally 2.pdf

IMG_0801.jpg

OM

The overlay on the Google Map will be a big help.

... and I've just realized I cannot locate the "Medical Need's" tent camping area.
Figuring it's near First Aid (the red X) on the shade side (East) of that building, labeled "camping".

Good Information to know..

The following message is copied from a MOA Facebook.
This is from Mike Secor…

It is almost Rally Time!
I am the BMW MOA Regional Coordinator for Texas and also the Registration Committee Chair for the 50th MOA Rally.
You will see a few changes when you arrive this year that I think you will like (We did listen to comments from last year).

First, we are not planning to do the drive through registration this year.
There is a large parking area when you arrive and there will be lots of signs to lead you to us.
Second, you will not have to go from Registration to the Welcome Booth to get you schedules, swag, and other Rally information this year.
The Welcome Team will be next to Registration to make it a one stop shop.
Third, we have Day Passes this year so if you are going to be in the area for only one day of the Rally and have not registered,
you can simply pay for the day at one of the Cashiers at Registration.

Some things will remain the same.

First, we will be using the phone app for Registration again this year.
If you have your QR Code (Printed or in your phone) when you walk up, it is a simple scan and go process.
Second, if your plans change and you find you can make the Rally and have not registered in advance, you can register and pay at the Rally.

Many of my fellow Regional Coordinators are Committee Chairs and Volunteers at this year’s Rally as well.
Make sure you stop by Center Stage for the Meet Your Regional Coordinator sessions.

… Thank You Mr Secor; on behalf of those that don’t see your FB entry.

Last edited:
The following message is copied from a MOA Facebook.
This is from Mike Secor…

It is almost Rally Time!
I am the BMW MOA Regional Coordinator for Texas and also the Registration Committee Chair for the 50th MOA Rally.
You will see a few changes when you arrive this year that I think you will like (We did listen to comments from last year).

First, we are not planning to do the drive through registration this year.
There is a large parking area when you arrive and there will be lots of signs to lead you to us.
Second, you will not have to go from Registration to the Welcome Booth to get you schedules, swag, and other Rally information this year.
The Welcome Team will be next to Registration to make it a one stop shop.
Third, we have Day Passes this year so if you are going to be in the area for only one day of the Rally and have not registered,
you can simply pay for the day at one of the Cashiers at Registration.

Some things will remain the same.

First, we will be using the phone app for Registration again this year.
If you have your QR Code (Printed or in your phone) when you walk up, it is a simple scan and go process.
Second, if your plans change and you find you can make the Rally and have not registered in advance, you can register and pay at the Rally.

Many of my fellow Regional Coordinators are Committee Chairs and Volunteers at this year’s Rally as well.
Make sure you stop by Center Stage for the Meet Your Regional Coordinator sessions.

… Thank You Mr Secor; on behalf of those that don’t see your FB entry.

Does anyone know how to get the QR codes? I have my confirmation email and no codes were on there.

Thanks,

Does anyone know how to get the QR codes? I have my confirmation email and no codes were on there.

Thanks,

Some folks indicated actually finding the code, within that original Confirmation email. With just the email, they can look you up, just not as quick.

Some folks indicated actually finding the code, within that original Confirmation email. With just the email, they can look you up, just not as quick.

Just looked at my confirmation. No barcode or QRcode on it, even resent it to myself from the web link and still no codes.

Just looked at my confirmation. No barcode or QRcode on it, even resent it to myself from the web link and still no codes.

Shawn, as we discuss this development on the forum thread... those responsible on the Registration Committee will learn of the situation.

And certianlly have a plan to accept us... even if all you have is your ID and you're MOA #.

Or just your ID, they know your status. (big $ spent on that software & programmer dude)

So just with the email alone... the gates will open for us.

I know things cause I've seen things... last year that's all I had!

We didn’t initially include the QR code this year. We found it faster and easier to simply look you up by your name when you arrive. However, I added the QR code back to the confirmation. If you request the email to be resent to you via this link, https://bmwmoaf.regfox.com/the50th#resend-conf, enter your email address and you will get an email with the QR code included.

Check in is actually very easy. Provide your name in the welcome tent and we will take care of the rest. No need to worry about the confirmation code or email. Certainly you can bring the email, but not necessary.

Ted

Back