• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Where's This?

lorazepam said:
Lincoln's birthplace in Kentucky (the cabin)

Yes! From a H-D rental out of Cincinnati on the way to seeing a friend in Memphis. Hogdenville, KY:

guess3.jpg

SFDOC said:
Duhhaaaaaa, Germany,,,,,,,,,,, Darryl? Entering the German Alps? Near Bad Tolz? Close to Garmish-Partiskirchen
BZZZT. Not Germany. I'm pretty sure the locals wouldn't consider it to be near Bad Toelz or Garmisch, but I suspect that any American beemer rider would say it wasn't that far off.

Notice how the Harley is over the line?

DarrylRi said:
BZZZT. Not Germany. I'm pretty sure the locals wouldn't consider it to be near Bad Toelz or Garmisch, but I suspect that any American beemer rider would say it wasn't that far off.

Notice how the Harley is over the line?

I knew it was a trick question, and I did notice the HD. I can't quite figure the sign that says "Give the Motorcycles a Chance" except to maybe think that they are out here and will pass at will. OR, Harleys cant hold a line and turn Hehehehehehe and cross into your lane. :nyah

There is something about the trees that don't fit, but plastic road markers are definitely European... :dunno

EDIT: Darryl are we North of the border but still in N. America?

Last edited:
Heading southeast before you go southwest into Mexican Hat. Not far from Natural Bridges.

jibimy said:
Heading southeast before you go southwest into Mexican Hat. Not far from Natural Bridges.

I'm kind of lost there jibimy, are you still back in Utah at Arches Nat Park?

HIT the QUOTE button in the lower right corner and then post your return. We can keep up better with where you are. :dance

PS Welcome to the club, you will find nice people who enjoy riding, drinking and talking about everything.

SFDOC said:
I knew it was a trick question, and I did notice the HD. I can't quite figure the sign that says "Give the Motorcycles a Chance" except to maybe think that they are out here and will pass at will.
The sign says "Give your guardian angel a chance", akin to don't go faster than your guardian angel can fly. You can see these signs at the bases of a number of passes in a particular country.
OR, Harleys cant hold a line and turn Hehehehehehe and cross into your lane. :nyah
All I know is that this is the official opinion of the government of an Alpine country. ;-)

IAMBOB said:
Austria or Switzerland!!
Well, that certainly narrows down the possibilities.

I see that I may have confused SFDOC a bit with my cryptic comments regarding Bad Toelz and Garmsich-Partenkirchen. The location we're looking at is easily within 100 miles of those places.

Do you know the difference between Americans and Europeans? Americans think 100 years is a long time, Europeans think 100 miles is a long distance.

DarrylRi said:
Ok, this is a bit closer to home from Mars, and I actually rode my bike there.

Could be anywhere...over there. No doubt, I've probably been on it.

A guess might be somewhere on/near the 310 between Kempten and (closer towards) Imst. Did you take the Hahntennjoch or Gaichtpass?

DarrylRi said:
Well, that certainly narrows down the possibilities.

I see that I may have confused SFDOC a bit with my cryptic comments regarding Bad Toelz and Garmsich-Partenkirchen. The location we're looking at is easily within 100 miles of those places.

Do you know the difference between Americans and Europeans? Americans think 100 years is a long time, Europeans think 100 miles is a long distance.

Lichtenstein?

GlobalRider said:
Where is this/what road is this? Darryl might know.
I wish I did. I saw that photo on your site and thought that must be a great road. It's narrower than Passo Duran, which I think must be the skinniest one I've been on. I'd have to guess that it's in the Dolomites, the missing guard rail in the background looks distinctly Italian to my eye.

Funny thing is, it reminds me of this photo. What's humorous is that, while your photo must be a mile or two up, this one is at sea level.

Attachments

• P2120017-2.jpg
    P2120017-2.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 48
GlobalRider said:
Could be anywhere...over there. No doubt, I've probably been on it.
No doubt, it's practically the direct route through these parts.

A guess might be somewhere on/near the 310 between Kempten and (closer towards) Imst.
No, it's closer to the B314... Surely this should be the final hint!

DarrylRi said:
No doubt, it's practically the direct route through these parts.

No, it's closer to the B314... Surely this should be the final hint!

Damn, Darryl how close to the sign do we need to get? The 314 is just west of Garmisch (Germany) Or, Innsbruck (Austria).

I give up what's the location?

I'll still give Alex a chance to pinpoint it...

DarrylRi said:
I wish I did. I saw that photo on your site and thought that must be a great road. It's narrower than Passo Duran, which I think must be the skinniest one I've been on. I'd have to guess that it's in the Dolomites, the missing guard rail in the background looks distinctly Italian to my eye.

Funny thing is, it reminds me of this photo. What's humorous is that, while your photo must be a mile or two up, this one is at sea level.

Darryl is that the Boden See behind you in the Photo?

Back