• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Where to put additional "cigarette power outlet" on GSA

douginnc

I want to add an additional 12 v power outlet on my 2020 GSA but having a difficult time finding a suitable location. I want it to be around the dash or a panel up top front. i'm not sure there is enough clearance behind some of the upper panels. Wunderlich sells a lighter socket mounting bracket, but I don't see a good place to mount it. If anyone has added an outlet please provide a picture where it's installed. Thanks!

The local dealer has kidnapped my '22 GSA for software upgrade and drive shaft testing, but I'm going to add one on the left panel. There should be room below it, as you say, but I haven't had it long enough before the dealer took it from me.

I find it silly that BMW didn't put a dual-USB port there on the right side, instead of a single USB port.

Charging ports are the cost of toting too many devices...

I want to add an additional 12 v power outlet on my 2020 GSA but having a difficult time finding a suitable location. I want it to be around the dash or a panel up top front. i'm not sure there is enough clearance behind some of the upper panels. Wunderlich sells a lighter socket mounting bracket, but I don't see a good place to mount it. If anyone has added an outlet please provide a picture where it's installed. Thanks!

You want the Touratech outlet relocation kit. You take your power outlet out of the dash, install it in the Touratech thing, attach it to your battery and dirt lives on the right side of your bike, under your right thigh. I bought a BMW style dual USB outlet off of Amazon for $29 and installed that in the dash.

https://touratech-usa.com/store/Power-Outlet-Relocation-Kit-BMW-R1250GS-R1200GS-GSA

For the item I put in the dash for USB power: https://www.amazon.com/Motorcycle-C...sprefix=bmw+r1250gs+usb+outlet,aps,140&sr=8-3

Sorry for the long link. $29 for the relocation kit, if memory serves and another $29 for the replacement dash outlet with two USBs. It even has the correct connector on the back, so you don't have to try and fabricate a harness and connector for it.,

Looks factory, works great.

$60.

Back