• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Voice commands to cell phone

WalterK75

I have the Neotec II helmet with Sena intercom. I want to give voice commands to my android cell phone. I can talk through the phone to make and receive calls using speed dial on the intercom. In addition, I'd like to order the phone to play music and call other phone numbers in my contact list. I'm not having much luck in figuring this one out.

I have had less than stellar luck with the same set up paired to an ios.
I believe the correct procedure is after saying hello sena and she says "say a command,"
would be music on/off
or dial xxx-xxx-xxxx

I know the unit is very fussy that you say the proper word, not one that is close.

Holding the center button until you get to the third set of beeps will turn on the google assistant, then just say your command. You may or may not have to say okay or hey Google first, depending on how it's feeling that day.

Holding the center button until you get to the third set of beeps will turn on the google assistant, then just say your command. You may or may not have to say okay or hey Google first, depending on how it's feeling that day.

Yes, that's what I do with my iPhone and it works fine. However, finding the middle button is sometimes a bit fiddly with gloves on, so I mounted a Sena remote control to the handlebars and that helps greatly. You'll need to turn up the Sena voice a bit, because when riding, it's hard to hear though.

Yes, that's what I do with my iPhone and it works fine. However, finding the middle button is sometimes a bit fiddly with gloves on, so I mounted a Sena remote control to the handlebars and that helps greatly. You'll need to turn up the Sena voice a bit, because when riding, it's hard to hear though.

I have a remote. I initially put it just to the right of the clutch perch on my R1250RS, but that's enough of a reach from the grip that not only do I have to take my hand off my bar, I also have to look down to find the button I want to hit.

53259876248_c110882f21_c.jpg

Sometimes, it just will not connect, so I took it off and use the buttons on the helmet. I have less issues finding the center button on the side of my helmet than I do finding the exact spot I need to make the volume buttons work.

I wonder if I could slide the clutch perch right a few mm's and put the remote just right of the control box? I may have to try that...

...Nope. The casting for the perch is flush with the casting for the bar riser. Might be a reason to consider swapping to a standard bar.

Back