• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Up at 10,000ft. Colorado Autumn. Video/Images

sfarson

Perhaps the autumn colors have yet to reach your locale. They're happening here up high. Took the KS to 10,000ft. on the way to lunch last week. Didn't take the direct route :).

Brought the helmet cam and distilled 20 minutes of ride video to a reasonable 4:10. Wasn't easy. Can see the edge of the helmet upper right of the recording. Foo Fighter's "Everlong" accompanies as well as the exhaust note... especially noticeable at 3:04 of the vid. Images further below.

KS Autumn Lunch Ride Up High - Streaming Video

Can see where the recording starts on the map below. Didn't go to the top of Mt. Evans. Road closed for the season. Lunch in Idaho Springs.

juniper.jpg

Along the way, paused for a couple of Juniper Pass pics. Question: Do I need to tell you the K1200S is one sleek looking missile? Answer: No. Can see a splash of autumn colors...
ksjunlr800.jpg

Continental Divide is the backdrop. This side, water flows to the Gulf of Mexico. Other side - Pacific...
ksjunls800.jpg

Looking down the road at the sister peaks of 14,270ft. Mt. Evans, with recent snow dusting their crowns...
ksjunrr800.jpg

Arrival at Echo Lake...
ksecho800.jpg

Arrival at one of my favorite deli's. Town sheriff lets me have this illegal VIP parking. Guess the Munich thing commands respect...
kstwobros800.jpg

Idaho Springs is a town with an active, colorful, historic past. Mines dot the slopes surrounding the town. In 1896 this is how it looked as the ore teams gathered to head for the mines. Photographer must have had everyone, including the dog, assemble for the picture...
isorethen.jpg

Had there not been a building in the way to the right, and if I could find a ladder, maybe I could put myself right where the photographer stood. So I borrowed some SUV's rear bumper to get closer. Regardless, the before and after does make one consider things, including life. And then go forth with gusto...
isoretoday.jpg

As always, an interesting report, historical perspective, and great photos. I recommend never taking another shot the does NOT include your slick new ride. It's a beaut. :bikes

Very Nice... :D

How come the mountain got smaller (A lot smaller) in the two pictures of town?

I'll be out there later this week (for a week), unfortunately in 4-wheels. (Going to Carbondale, Aspen, Leadville and Colorado Springs before heading home.)

Exceptional Video. Iffin' you don't mind I put a linkie in Wisconsinmotorcycling.com's forums for the rabid Suzuki fanatics there to oggle. :german

Way to go. Now I am going to spend the morning thinking of this excellent video while trying to figure out how to get out of a lunch meeting, I already didn't want to go to, so that I can go riding instead. I really like it when you do this! :eat

SNC1923 said:
As always, an interesting report, historical perspective, and great photos. I recommend never taking another shot the does NOT include your slick new ride. It's a beaut. :bikes

Thanks Tom... Does strike a pose well from certain angles. Used to have a '99KRS and sold it two years ago. Missed the BMW K, so picked this up a year ago, trading two for one. Consolidating the horses in the barn, and this stallion is worthy of consolidating to!

Another masterpeice!

We sure do appreciate your talents.

After watching the video with me, my grandson asked "Where's the guy?"

Voni
sMiling

SFDOC said:
Very Nice... :D

How come the mountain got smaller (A lot smaller) in the two pictures of town?

I'll be out there later this week (for a week), unfortunately in 4-wheels. (Going to Carbondale, Aspen, Leadville and Colorado Springs before heading home.)

SFD... You're gonna hit the Aspen colors at a peak time. Have a great trip. If this hold a faint interest for you, try to see Kebler Pass south of Carbondale and McClure Pass, taking you to Crested Butte / Gunnison. Immense Aspen groves there.

With Idaho Springs down in the valley of Clear Creek, and the images looking east down the valley, the big "hills" are hidden from view. The topo above kinda shows the valley presence of I.S.

kreinke said:
Exceptional Video. Iffin' you don't mind I put a linkie in Wisconsinmotorcycling.com's forums for the rabid Suzuki fanatics there to oggle. :german

Thanks and no problemo!

Wow, you had much better weather than I did in June of this year. The photo was taken on 103 the third week of June.

1158710082.jpg

Noticed that we stopped our bikes at the exact same place to take this picture.

1158714480.jpg

ksjunlr800.jpg

Check out the flat top tree in front of both of our bikes. You were a little closer to your bike than I was to mine.

Oh yes... I remember your pic from 103 in June! Couldn't remember (or can tell) if it was snow or hail you faced that day. Regardless, an adventure eh?

sfarson said:
Oh yes... I remember your pic from 103 in June! Couldn't remember (or can tell) if it was snow or hail you faced that day. Regardless, an adventure eh?

Yes it was an adventure.

I sure enjoyed seeing your video and remembering my ride that day. As a Colorado resident you get more chances to ride the mountains.

It was rain, sleet, snow and hail! But a great ride.

Would love to see more videos from your rides, if you get the chance. Good camera work combined with good music make it a pleasure to watch.

Thanks for posting. :clap :clap :clap

Sweeeet! I am hoping to base a trip out of Ft. Collins next summer to ride with a good friend. Your video makes me look forward to it! Thanks

Back