• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

TPMS Going out

I just ordered the banana style for my 2015 RT from Woodys Wheel Works last night. The picture on his web site shows them to be genuine Schrader with the last part of the BMW part number stamped on them. They also have the stem style for wire spoke GS wheels. $39 each

I guess I wasn't clear. I bought a set of Amazon senders. Do these use the same bolt and if not, what size bolt do I need? I'm putting together a "when they go bad" kit.
Same bolt. The senders are technically/physically the same, the bolt unscrews from the rim, the sender comes off, the new sender goes on. (Assuming it's the bolt-on style, not the style with the stem.)

There are a number of considerations that I am concerned about when buying from, not so much Amazon/EBay but vendors on Amazon/EBay regarding when the batteries were considered “fresh”. When you receive batteries or battery powered devices from an online vendor, it’s good to check the date codes.
This also applies to other products with an expiration date such as printer ink. At a regular walk in store you can actually check in service or expiration dates.
OM

There are a number of considerations that I am concerned about when buying from, not so much Amazon/EBay but vendors on Amazon/EBay regarding when the batteries were considered “fresh”. When you receive batteries or battery powered devices from an online vendor, it’s good to check the date codes.
This also applies to other products with an expiration date such as printer ink. At a regular walk in store you can actually check in service or expiration dates.
OM
Good advice

I have a base model 2023 RT1250 that I want to add TPMS to.

Woodys told me that the newer 2021 bikes on only will accept OEM BMW part.

Over $500 for 2.

Anybody know of any other sensor compatible? BMW sensor part # is 36317106019.

Thanks

That part number definitely looks different. Google didn't turn up anything but OEM parts, Amazon and AliExpress had nada.

1715112522796.png

I could care less about the tire pressure while I ride. I just wish I could turn off the yellow triangle when the TPMS isn't working properly.

Back