• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

The Three GS'ateers;

Polarbear

Polarbear
ALL GS Riders are in for some treat(s) at this years'08 'MOA National Rally and Rob Nye(R.I.), Myself(CA.) and a local fellow, Jim Hansen of the Black Hills BMW Club are Chairing, Co chairing some special events at the rally itself and dirt rides all around the region, by Jim H. and his knowledge of such:). Bring your GS along for some fun times, from beginers needing to learn, to our equals already knowing how, etcetc.. Bring it on down or up to Gillette. Rob, Myself and Jim(I suspect all) have extensive GS experience and are willing to help others find their Dirt legs and/or we want to share time with others of all expertise levels, with our time and efforts of Co chairing such and setting up some events for all to enjoy. As mentioned by Rob in a previous thread, days ago, a m/x track is on site, or very near the CamPlex Rally Site and we have access for a number of days, so here we are! "Stay tuned" for much more and read up, join us or even spectate from the sidelines. It will be fun,exciting, thrilling to watch and even PARTICIPATE in. More the better:).Practice times "on m/x track"will be posted, from most probably Thursday on, with some guiding, helping hands for those new to this and others. A "GS Trials Event"on Saturday morning will highlight what riders have learned or knew already from there lives riding dirt and all can participate on their own GS Tour,HP2/X Bikes,F650's. All Beemers/Riders are invited, than can handle dirt. I have many GS Trials events to my credit as a participant in my past years and it will be a hoot to bring some of what I know to the BMWMOA world, along with Rob Nye and Jim Hansen. Rules will apply, so be good and follow accordingly to safety concerns we all have. This will be a modest, NO RACE kind of learning curve for many and all dirt eventing in a safe fashion will be of utmost concern. My coursework will represent those participating, from older riders to middle aged to even young, where all can ride it without breaking the bank and/or body parts:). Volunteers will be present, I'm sure, for attending to the track safety concerns we will have. We will be swearing in some helpers:). ROB, JIM and Myself will have more data, so stay tuned for more from these guys. Happy Trails, to all, See ya there, Randy Owens"Polarbear"13233:thumb :usa PS; Thx to Rob Nye for spearheading (and his work already on this m/x track topic) on the Forum a couple weeks back. Its dear to my heart,"Dirt Riding" and to help pass on, instruct and share some time with other likeminded riders on GS's at a National Rally level will be a highlight of all my rally experiences. A lot of years:)Find the m/x track :thumb , Randy O. :usa

:clap

I'll either throw some TKC's on right before the ride out or while at the rally. :dance

:clap

I'll either throw some TKC's on right before the ride out or while at the rally. :dance

I am talking with some tire people to see if they might want to offer some sort of package for GS riders.

In a perfect world I would ride from RI to Gillette on Tourances and then switch to TKC's in Wyoming. Since this is my fantasy I get to Gillette on cords and the TKC's hold up to all the western abuse I can throw at them in 7 days plus 2000 miles of high speed slab on the way home.

Yeah right. :laugh

If I can get the TKC's in Gillette I'll probably have to get Tourances before leaving the front range for home.

Great;

Some may wish to ship tires into the rally, if required. AZ Moto Tire web site ships for free, if buying two tires. I bought mine there, while riding Arizona recently and shipped them home free, no tax either:). Tucson, AZ is where this place is located, but the web site is friendly. Shipping is usually available into the rally site, via UPS,FedEx,etc..Mounting them is another issue! I will ride on my stock Battle Wings dual sporties, to show riders the stock highway combo tire can do it too. Those of you riding knobs will have a good advantage, if it gets wet around the site! Rain will make things interesting, indeed. Hopefully, we will have a nice few days in Gillette. Maybe I will have to make some "MUD" at the track site for you guys on knobs, hehehe:). Throwing mud can be fun, yes! Be good.....Randy"Polarbear":dance :usa

Back