• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

The Allure of Flat Track Racing

The problem is the flat track racing is not in Daytona. The races are at Volusia Speedway which is in Barbersville. It is an hour ride from the track to where we stay in New Smyrna Beach. I'm not willing to ride an hour at 11:00 at night thru a deer infested area. It looks to me that Daytona is trying to get rid of bike week. The vendors are primarily at Destination Daytona which is really in Ormond Beach. There are very few vendors at the Daytona Speedway.

The problem is the flat track racing is not in Daytona. The races are at Volusia Speedway which is in Barbersville. It is an hour ride from the track to where we stay in New Smyrna Beach. I'm not willing to ride an hour at 11:00 at night thru a deer infested area. It looks to me that Daytona is trying to get rid of bike week. The vendors are primarily at Destination Daytona which is really in Ormond Beach. There are very few vendors at the Daytona Speedway.

It is a shame the Daytona Short Track event seems to have gone away.

Back