• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Thank You Endras BMW for the Track Day

marty

Marty
Endras BMW (Ajax Ontario) held their annual track Day August 30th at Canadian Tire Motosport Track Development Centre (about three quarters the size of the big track).
Thanks to James Collins (Motorrad Mgr.), Adam, Owen and of course Shawn, the BMW racer and our fearless teacher.
The speeds are down about 25% from the big track, so the emphasis is on technique and working on skills. I wanted to work on cornering and body positioning since we had Shawn, the resident BMW supersport racer as our mentor.
The day was fantastic although very hot in a leather race suit and we had all the laps we wanted and then some.
Shawn was a great, patient teacher and helped me immensely (along with all who attended), pointing out that I was hanging off fine, but was head was still in the middle of the bike. OK, that's I was there for.
I got a chance to ride one on one with him and he slowing increased the pace until my peg feelers were scraping with regularity. I now know where the limits are without a brown stain appearing on the seat!Lol.
I did start to get my head over and now know the correct body and head positioning.
Will this help my street riding? Yeah, big time. Will I be hanging off and scraping the pegs on the street? No, but my confidence level is at an all time high and I know my bike (a sport touring 07 K1200 GT with 83,000 km's or just over 51,000 miles) can do way more than I thought, if required.
To all those who have thought of a track day or a Rawhide course etc, do it. This was a great experience.
It was a day well wasted! :) There were lots of tired riders all smiling at the end of the day.
P.S. The only issue was telling the Mrs. that it was just OK so that I can do it again next year! :)

Back