• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Spark Plug Socket that fits - dual ignition models

globalrider

Alps Adventurer
Can someone measure the diameter of a spark plug socket that fits the larger of the two spark plugs (the one though center of the valve cover). It needs to be a socket...not the supplied tube that comes in the kit.

They need to be thin-walled enough to not get stuck in the spark plug cavity.

I don't have access to my R1150 GS at the moment to try the ones I have.

Thanks!

I had a socket that fits both plugs (1150gs) but was too thick for the hole. So I ground the wall down with a rotary tool. Works well for us po' folks.

I had a socket that fits both plugs (1150gs) but was too thick for the hole. So I ground the wall down with a rotary tool. Works well for us po' folks.

I have done likewise on my lathe. Problem is, getting the lathe on the plane to take to the socket. Could be costly. :banghead

Back