• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Soulful question: For resoling motorcycle boots where do you buy?

sagerat

Boxers uber alles
The soles on my Aerostitch Combat Touring Lights have finally worn down to glass smooth after several years and 55,000 miles. I went to a local cobbler to resole them and he said he doesn't carry motorcycle boot soles. Instead, he said get the soles and I'll install them.

Anybody here buy motorcycle soles and if so from where? The CBT came with Sidi soles, originally. Thanks in advance and you may now return to humming the R&B classic "Soul Man."

Not much of a cobbler if he can't find something that will work. All soles are sold in three basic sizes, then trimmed to fit the individual boot.

I do understand that you may live in a remote area and shoe repair shops are like hen's teeth (DAMHIK) but my local shop hasn't ever said they can't find soles to use.:scratch

Sorry, not exactly helpful to the question.

Aerostich sells replacement soles for your CBTs. Had mine resoled by a local cobbler using said replacements.

Every two years or so, I take my riding boots to a local shoe repair shop and ask them to install hiking boot soles.

Hey, isn't the sage rat a protected species?

There are a couple of protected species of ground squirrel. The one most commonly referred to as a sage rat in Eastern Washington, eastern Oregon and Idaho isn't protected, except in some areas of Idaho. In fact I kill as many as several hundred a day some days. They are popular little targets.

There are a couple of protected species of ground squirrel. The one most commonly referred to as a sage rat in Eastern Washington, eastern Oregon and Idaho isn't protected, except in some areas of Idaho. In fact I kill as many as several hundred a day some days. They are popular little targets.

Well that's got to make the OP feel a bit nervous.

Nah, I have dispatched my share of sagerats from the High Desert, courtesy of .22 rifles, pistol, or even my .32-caliber flintlock.

Back