• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Show us your bike

Love sidecars

I have always admired sidecars. The guy I bought my first bike from (it was a 75 or 76 Honda 750) had a sidecar rig on his new bike and I thought it was way cool.
I saw the leaning sidecar pic - looks highly flexible.
I don't think I could get Julie Claire to sit still in a sidecar, so I will hafta let her just hang on to me for the time being.

I've always wanted a hack for around town so that my dog could ride along. I've never ridden (driven?) one though and am not sure if I'd enjoy it.

boxergrrlie said:
I've always wanted a hack for around town so that my dog could ride along. I've never ridden (driven?) one though and am not sure if I'd enjoy it.

BMW of South Bend has a used hack rig for sale...

BradfordBenn said:
BMW of South Bend has a used hack rig for sale...

I can picture us now....cruising along the lakefront...me in my white helmet and my dog in goggles...matching white scarves flowing in the wind...

I'm definitely feeling cabin feverish.

Attachments

• used21a.jpg
    used21a.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 383
At the Falling Leaf Rally there was a small dog that rode along behind it's owner. Don't remember the Bike but I think the dog only had three legs. It was getting around pretty good during the weekend.

There is guy on a big Harley (or Wing?)

in our neck of the woods who has a platform mounted between his bars behind the fairing and he has two poodles who ride on the platform/box. It is a grin - they have little helmets.
Can't remember the bike too well cuz the dogs blew my mind.

This is my R1150RA. I recently moved to Vancouver Island from the frozen North of Alberta. Hoping to get lots of riding in this summer. A very stable, comfortable bike with linear power band and unbelievable brakes!
brooksie.jpg

brooksie said:
This is my R1150RA. I recently moved to Vancouver Island from the frozen North of Alberta. Hoping to get lots of riding in this summer. A very stable, comfortable bike with linear power band and unbelievable brakes!
brooksie.jpg

The first 1150R I saw in the flesh was that nice blue. It was a hoot to ride in the hills outside of Reno, NV. Beautiful bike.

As a resident of Vancouver Island, you are under orders. You will regularly supply us with photos of a motorcycle in stunning B.C.. Failure to comply can lead to the confiscation of your oilhead.

It's a deal! I will also add a few of my old R75/6! I've managed to find an excellent set of twisteez on the Gold River highway.
Seeing as my job allows me to travel all over the Island, I am scouting future rides....will keep you all 'posted' :bliss

Looks like you have all the comforts of home

Hey Pete - where is Turlock?
Very nice lookin' scooter. Sorry you have to be out there in the sunshine and all. Give me your address and I'll send you some of the snow we aren't using.....

Re: Looks like you have all the comforts of home

Cliffy777 said:
Hey Pete - where is Turlock?
Very nice lookin' scooter. Sorry you have to be out there in the sunshine and all. Give me your address and I'll send you some of the snow we aren't using.....

Central California. Hwy 99 between Modesto and Merced.

I only remember because of a ride one fall evening. Coming
back to the Bay Area from Turlock, I froze my off. This was
back in the day when I was younger and dumber.

Ian

That is a Big Mak tank bag. It mounts on a tip up platen that bolts to the fuel filler bracket. I'll post a few shots later today or tomorow.

Back