• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

SHARP - 500th Helmet Safety Rating

drneo66

Received an email today stating that the SHARP safety rating has now rated 500 helmets!

"Since the launch of SHARP in 2007, more than 16,000 impact tests have been carried out over and above minimum legal requirements to generate the 500 safety ratings. In addition, SHARP provides guidance on how to choose a comfortable helmet that fits a user’s head securely and safely and uses a simple 5-star rating system to communicate the risk of head injury. Providing this safety information is likely to have contributed to over 40 per cent drop in motorcyclist fatalities since 2007."

The more info we have, the better!

I like Sharp because they test modular helmets. The provide information on how well the helmets stay locked under impact, which is important information to me. Nolan did very well in that test while some big names did not do so well. I’ve never owned a Nolan but perhaps I will in the future.

I like Sharp because they test modular helmets. The provide information on how well the helmets stay locked under impact, which is important information to me. Nolan did very well in that test while some big names did not do so well. I’ve never owned a Nolan but perhaps I will in the future.

We have owned the Nolan N102 modular helmets for 5 years and have been very happy with them. Their locking mechanism has tested great in every report I have seen including this one. It is time to replace them and I hope I can stay with a newer Nolan model that will also accept the Nolan BT comms we bought for them.

Back